_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
Revell Bismarck
redalb2253
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 235 posts
Model Shipwrights: 132 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2008 - 07:16 AM UTC
Has anyone purchaced this kit yet? I'm getting one this weekend to go with my Tami Bismarck and Tirpitz.
Manuelke
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 2,714 posts
Model Shipwrights: 11 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 02:35 PM UTC
I only have see the kit in the TMMI of this month and it is realy looking amazing. I think that it will be good combo to the tamiya builds. The only negative thing about revell is there sometimes bad fitting. But this is a brand new kit so that will be not possible at this time i think.

Best regards Manuel
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Model Shipwrights: 934 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 03:24 PM UTC
The latest Revell Germany kits are flawless. Anyone who has built the latest selection of 72nd scale aircraft and subs will agree. The Bismark is a great model, one major advantage is the one piece deck, no seams to struggle with.

Frank
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 06:57 AM UTC
I just got my Squadron flyer in. They are selling it for $90. I would say JUMP ALL OVER THIS ONE if you don't already have a 350 scale Bismarck or looking to make another one.
redalb2253
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 - 02:33 AM UTC
This kit looks great so far it's even got the bilge vents or openings on the hull the problem I have is this is the first kit I've ever bought that is missing a parts tree do I need to contact Revell or my local hobby shop to get a replacement?
redalb2253
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 - 08:34 AM UTC
All the decks are complete no aftermarket needed wood or iron decks its molded in the main deck looks like wood not the raised lines like on the Tami kit so I won't have to redeck the whole ship the rails are a little thick but a stone tumbler will take that down a bit I'll try to post pics of the hull and trees tonite sometime.
Firecaptain
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 165 posts
Model Shipwrights: 35 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 07:40 AM UTC
You have GOT to explain this process to us please............

Quoted Text

the rails are a little thick but a stone tumbler will take that down a bit .

put bold text here
mozartg
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 93 posts
Model Shipwrights: 90 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 09:55 AM UTC
Hi y'all. I've been taking my time with the Tamiya Tirpitz, but from looking at the Revell Bismark online pix I thought I'd get one and compare, do a little parts bashing if I could get away with it and improve the overall result.
I don't like the Revell kit. Many parts and details are out of scale. The wood decking detail is a good idea, but gross (esp. chamfered plank butt-ends) for 1/350 scale. The main 38cm gun turrets are too narrow; the PE armored windows from Eduard, Gold Medal, or White Ensign will not fit. The armored superstructure house on which the secondary front radar set sits is too fat. The plastic railings are just can't be molded to an accurate 1/350 scale. For a casual build stock out of the box, its probably a toss-up, but if you're going to go full-tilt and try and make it look like the real thing (ha! I admit), get the Tamiya and gob it up with PE. From the Revell kit I am going to use the searchlight assemblies (clear lenses!) and gun directors (which are much better I am glad to see), maybe the clear pieces for launch boat windshields, and definitely the secondary armament turrets which have the rivet detail. I'll probably disassemble a Revell Arado floatplane or two and put them in opened-up hangers. Too bad about the lack of bilge(?) venting on the Tamiya hull but I can live with that. Other than that, the Revell kit will be a waste - but I'm only through the upper Fr and Rr superstructures on the Tamiya kit so far. 2 cents.
Firecaptain
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 165 posts
Model Shipwrights: 35 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 06, 2008 - 03:40 AM UTC
For those un-familiar with the RofG 1/350 Bismarck, see the link below........

http://www.modelwarships.com/reviews/ships/dkm/bismarck/350-revell-peek/rvl-review.html
expusser
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 12 posts
Model Shipwrights: 10 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 04:18 PM UTC
I bought the revell Bismark about a month ago. I was very impressed with this Kit far better than the Tamiya Kit and as good as any of the Hasegawa Kits I ve been scearching for a PE set and I am now told that Eduard for the revell bismark specifically. Also a wooden deck is available. I am now trying to purchase theses items. You can't go wrong buying the revell kit - good price cracking great kit.
redalb2253
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 05:39 PM UTC
Hello David who has the deck for this kit? I'm working on the floatplanes now.
Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 846 posts
Model Shipwrights: 740 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 07:17 PM UTC
KA Models makes a deck for the RoG kit...

http://www.hlj.com/product/KALMD35003
expusser
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 12 posts
Model Shipwrights: 10 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 11:02 AM UTC
I saw a deck for the revell bismark on hobby link Japan by who I can't remmber But I got my local Hobby shop who buys a lot of stuff from them to get for me as of Dec 20 I havn't seen it yet I now have found out Eduard makes a set of PE for the revell Kit I was very impressed with the revell kit as it has a one pc deck I had the tamiya kit which I sold to a buddy for a song I am now working on the Trumpeter NC with Lions Roar PE I've been told wooden decks for all the 1/350 trumpeter kits will be available from some Koren Co.... don't you just love romours just when your about to start a project
Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 846 posts
Model Shipwrights: 740 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 12:13 PM UTC
As stated in the post above yours...

Quoted Text

KA Models makes a deck for the RoG kit...

http://www.hlj.com/product/KALMD35003

This is a wood deck for the Bismarck made by a Korean company sold on Hobby Link Japan...
treadhead1952
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 552 posts
Model Shipwrights: 493 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 12:42 PM UTC
Hmm, a truly International effort there.

I am still trying to talk myself into spending the $55 the LHS wants for the Akagi wood decks in 1/700 scale.
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 817 posts
Model Shipwrights: 18 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 07:44 AM UTC
hi guys, has anyone seen the latest copy of tamiya model magazine Ian Ruscoe has built this kit with various AM accesories and what can i say but amazing! makes me wonder if i should bring my self out of drydock and back onto the shipyard
 _GOTOTOP