_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
just ordered Richelieu
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 06:14 AM UTC
Found great deal on Ebay $100 and no shipping Buy It Now item. Well I had been bidding around $$95 with a $20 shiping charge for a week or two now when this showed up so I got quite a bargain I guess. They have 1 more available. This is the 4th BB I've purchased this year . The Bama, Nagato, Kongo, and now the Richelieu. I don't think anything else is due for several months. I know the Ise and Repulse are scheduled. I won't even talk about the Akagi.
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 06:41 AM UTC
Well, you must have one heck of a stash storage area.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 12:38 AM UTC
I'm running out of space,to stash the unbuilt ones that is for sure. As for when they are built. Years ago I took the spare room and built wall to wall shelves. I recently cleared a lot of room by giving away a bunch of model cars and planes. My only concern is because of illness both Tom's and GMM have fallen way behind on PE sets.I also need to get Gator masks for my Hornet and Alabama. Right now the only 350 kits I can actually do that I have all the matrial I need are the Fletcher and the Hood well maybe the Liberty ship as I only plan to put some railing on it.. GMM did release their set for the San Francisco, but his site I find difficult to order from and no retailers are listingit yet. So, I figure I'll wait for when he does the Nagato and order both sets then.
MartinJQuinn
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 574 posts
Model Shipwrights: 530 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 02:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

GMM did release their set for the San Francisco, but his site I find difficult to order from and no retailers are listingit yet. So, I figure I'll wait for when he does the Nagato and order both sets then.

I usually print the order form and send Loren a check. The turn around time is, on average, very fast.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 10:10 AM UTC
The San Francisco is not high on my list of I want to do's right now. I just figure that after he gets the Nagato set done, I'll order both the sets at the same time. I am much more eager to do that. Right now I think I'm going to tackle Trumpeter's 35th scale BR 52 loco. I've got 3 PE sets to work into that beast. I figure by the time I wrap that one up Loren should be either finished or close to releasing his planned Nagato set.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2008 - 12:20 PM UTC
She arrived today. UPS had beaten the box up so bad I had a major concern. Upon opening the shipping box I found the kit box well suspended in packing material. BUt there were a few creases in that box so I went ahead and opened it up. Trumpetr (as usual) had it well packed inside the kit box so no damage what so ever. Gator here is another one for the masking shop. Lets see I'm needing 3 now. The Hornet (Dolittle raid) the Alabama and now the Richelieu. Looks like the last one will be even more challenging then the North Carolina I did last year.
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2008 - 01:58 PM UTC
I think UPS must enjoy kicking packages around. Glad she was safe in her package.

treadhead1952
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 552 posts
Model Shipwrights: 493 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 12:21 PM UTC
Hi Blaster,

Glad to hear that your Richelieu arrived safe and sound even though the outside packaging was a bit tattered. Judging by the price tag, I suppose it is the 1/350 version. Wanting one to join my fleet of 1/700 BBs, I scored the smaller version ala '46 today at the LHS. Like its' bigger brother, it too seems like another Trumpeter well done kit. Now to dig up some PE.

Can't wait to see one of the ship mates break shrinkwrap and start one of these bad boys up.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2008 - 08:46 AM UTC
I just keep buying and buying these monsters. Well, I'll have plenty for when I get really old and no loger have to trudge off to work. I am so tied up with that BR 52 that it ill be several months before I'm ready to tackle something that complex again.

I figure after the loco, I'll probably do a modern tank kit like the Centurian or Challenger. Those are Tamiya's and as we all know, they just sort of fall togethr with no fuss no muss. I am progressing nicely on the loco. I have the engine frame and the cabin built, with the interior of the cabin even painted. Too bad 90 % of my hard work will be covered up. If you get the kit, don't waste your money on a PE set for the interior, What comes with the kit is pretty good and like I sid , it is pretty covered up.
treadhead1952
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 552 posts
Model Shipwrights: 493 posts
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2008 - 10:27 AM UTC
Hehe, I have heard it said that the BR 52 is one loco that can drive one loco!

I watched it get built up on another forum and it is plenty complicated what with the framing underneath and all the little details on the drive train. Have fun and enjoy.
 _GOTOTOP