_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
NEWS
Update –Hasegawa IJN Akagi
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 12:04 PM UTC
Ahoy Shipmates

Hasegawa have called by the news desk with updated images on their impending release.

Check it out!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 846 posts
Model Shipwrights: 740 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 12:47 PM UTC
Something that's been in the back of my mind about this kit that is also making me nervous (besides the girders) is the set up of the plate lines. They are not panel lines, but rather weld lines and thus should be *raised*. Aoshima and Fujimi got this right on their latest releases. But after those engraved lines on the Nagato/ Mutsu, this worries me... At least I haven't seen any "graph paper" lines yet...
calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 886 posts
Model Shipwrights: 74 posts
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2008 - 12:29 PM UTC
How much will the basic kit run? I found it in 1/700 but not this scale and I kinda would like to find out and maybe get one. It has my interest piqued.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2008 - 12:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

How much will the basic kit run? I found it in 1/700 but not this scale and I kinda would like to find out and maybe get one. It has my interest piqued.

Nothing yet on price, Kelly...this would be a great ship for you to build, with a full complement airwing, wouldn't it?

Cheers,
~Gunny
calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 886 posts
Model Shipwrights: 74 posts
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2008 - 01:23 PM UTC
Yes it would! I would like the challenge of doing that..
And three decks is what really interests me. I can only imagine the chaos of a full Alpha strike type of launch going on. and then recovery....
TracyWhite
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 527 posts
Model Shipwrights: 464 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 03:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ahoy ShipmatesHasegawa have called by the news desk with updated images on their impending release.

I would like to register a complaint.

No, they didn't "call the news desk." They posted images to their web site which you dutifully downloaded and saved here. The editors to this site still play fast & loose with copy written materials; you could have easily just linked to the original Hasegawa page that the photos were posted to, but you chose to mis-represent your relationship. Bravo.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 07:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I would like to register a complaint.

No, they didn't "call the news desk." They posted images to their web site which you dutifully downloaded and saved here. The editors to this site still play fast & loose with copy written materials; you could have easily just linked to the original Hasegawa page that the photos were posted to, but you chose to mis-represent your relationship. Bravo.

Yes Traci, we are all stupid children over here, and unable to figure that out for ourselves. That is what is called artistic license in my book. It doesn't change the nature of the message, just lightens the mood.

I know on your site querulousness is an everyday event, but over here, well, we are all friends. The only difference is, our link is in English, which the vast majority of us read, versus Japanese which very few of us can.
TracyWhite
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 527 posts
Model Shipwrights: 464 posts
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2008 - 04:32 AM UTC
Kumbaya Steve, kumbaya.
BillyB
Visit this Community
United Arab Emirates
KitMaker: 4 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 06:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ahoy Shipmates

Hasegawa have called by the news desk with updated images on their impending release.

Check it out!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Appologise if this question has already been asked, but is the 'Three Deck' Akagi refered to a 1:350 version ? I know they are releasing one in 1:700, but a sprue in one of the attached photo's was stamped 1:350. 'Confused in the Middle East'
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 06:34 AM UTC
The early 3 decker version of the Akagi is strickly 700 scale at this time. The impending 350 scale version is circa Pearl Harbor and has only the 1 long flight deck. It is running somewhere around $260 depending on where you get it. Several weeks ago preorders were around $200, but I've noticed a major price jump so I think the kit will be avaiable in days rather than weeks. At least I hope !!!!!!!!!!!!!
ajkochev
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 246 posts
Model Shipwrights: 221 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 08:21 AM UTC
It your opinions, would it be possible to make this model into a Radio Controled(RC) working model? I have a lake nearby that I sail my 1:350 Yamato on. This would look cool in the water but it looks a bit top heavy to me and I don't want to reenact Midway with each sailing.
Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 846 posts
Model Shipwrights: 740 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 10:56 AM UTC
Hey Anthony, based on sprue shots, I don't see why it can't be an R/C model. Just remove some of the internal strengthening ribs, run some epoxy on the inside bottom to keep the keel together, and add weight. If anything else, with all of the open space inside, it may actually end up being less top heavy than it looks.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 11:16 AM UTC
With the weight of the motor and RC stuff, you probably could add a dozen or so fishing line weights throughout the bottom of the hull and keep her level. Make sure you glue up what I would expect to be a split hull very tight and secure. I would set up hull with yor motors and weights and add the upper stuff onto it while floating it in the bath. That way you can insure you have enough weight to keep her running straight and true. Kit is not set up for RC as the orignal Tamiya Yamato was, but I am sure with some modifications to running gear it can be accomplished
 _GOTOTOP