_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
German U-boat Question
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 02:06 AM UTC
I have seen here a 1/150 German U-boat by Academy. I says it is motorize. Is it submersible or just floating?
Chief
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 498 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 03:14 AM UTC
Shonen,
I just purchased one. It apparently runs on the surface for a few feet, dives, then surfaces again. I am planning on making mine a static display, but it'll take alot of work, especially aft around the stern planes and props. Bought a second one and will probably try out the actual diving mechanism. HTH

Chief
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 03:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Shonen,
I just purchased one. It apparently runs on the surface for a few feet, dives, then surfaces again. I am planning on making mine a static display, but it'll take alot of work, especially aft around the stern planes and props. Bought a second one and will probably try out the actual diving mechanism. HTH

Chief

That's pretty nice :-) :-) :-) It's quite interesting just like a toy! Hehehe! But I'll be needing a large pool for it. How bout the engine? Is it waterproof or airtight and how bout it's batteries? What kind of batteries needed and how many? I'll sure buy that kit! :-)
Chief
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 498 posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2003 - 06:35 AM UTC
It had a rubber seal around the battery box and motor, but as I am 3000 miles from home I cannot begin to build/try it out.
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 08:44 AM UTC
That sounds like a pretty cool toy/model. I think that would be a fun thing to take to the pool and scare the little kids.

~Chip
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2003 - 01:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That sounds like a pretty cool toy/model. I think that would be a fun thing to take to the pool and scare the little kids.

~Chip

Also fun for sying out babes in swimsuit if you attach a water resistant camera or an airtight clear plastic/glass and put the cam in :-) :-) :-) :-)
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2003 - 03:05 PM UTC
Oh the youth of today, corrupting the fine old art of model building just watch out for the yellow water
 _GOTOTOP