_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Want to be part of a group build? This is where to start, plan, and meet about them.
New Campaign Ideas?
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,423 posts
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2008 - 01:08 PM UTC
hello all,
this might be in the wrong place,but until i figure out how to make a sticky post work,i thought i would try here as it will be lost in the group build section.
i am wondering if anyone would like to see 2 very different campaigns at the mid to end of 2009.they would start 1-2 months after the Community Build
the first one is Nuclear Powered Ships,i figure it should run 8-10 months long.if it is powered by a Nuke reactor it is allowed.
the second is a campaign about the American Civil War,any vessel used during the war is allowed.i have found at least 10 resin model ironclads and some plastic ones also.
i think that both campaign's would be an intresting and fun.
so what does everyone think?
cheers,
Bruce
muddyfields
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 884 posts
Model Shipwrights: 135 posts
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2008 - 09:38 PM UTC
Hello
Would love a campaign on the Civil War as thats 1 of my other hobbies. I reenact the American Civil War with the UK society SOSKAN . I'm with the Maryland Artillery.
So Yeh I'd be up for that 1. I've got an old model set of the Monitor & Merrimac plus a Verlinden Resin Ironclad so I'd have an excuse to make them.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2008 - 09:48 PM UTC
Hi Bruce!

I took the liberty of placing your post in the proper place, mate, and made it a "sticky note" as well (only forum moderators can do such, my friend)....as far as these two ideas, both very good ones, and would fit in nicely with our current scope of operations...let's see what the crew has to say!

Cheers,
~Gunny
grayghost666
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 06:40 AM UTC
hello all,
thanks for making this a sticky,with all the community build blogs i was concerned that it would be lost.
@Shaun,i have been looking at all of the past campaign and did not see a civil war campaign.and it would give me a chance to make a ironclad,as i have been wanting to do for a while.i have found looking at on line shops that there is at least 10 resin and a few plastic kits out there.and i just looked at 2 on line stores.
i know that Skipper is interested in doing a Nule powered campaign,so lets see who else might want to do one.there are a bunch of plastic and resin models that can be used for this campaign.
so i think we have 2 interested in each campaign and with them starting about 8+ months you will have alot of time to decide what you want to build anyways.
so what do my ship mates think?
cheers,
Bruce
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 07:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So Yeh I'd be up for that 1. I've got an old model set of the Monitor & Merrimac plus a Verlinden Resin Ironclad so I'd have an excuse to make them.

Merrimac?! Dem's fightin' works for us Johnny Rebs. She was the proud CSS Virginia!

I would be in for this one too.
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 09:01 AM UTC
Here is another one I have been thinking of.

"Hometown"

Build a ship named for your hometown, a person from there, or one close by. Like if you live in Hawaii don't build the USS Maine, keep it close.

But, I do like the idea of a Nuke one.

skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 09:39 AM UTC
Another idea:

"Camouflaged"

So... as the name says, any vessel, any period as long as the vessel wore a camouflage pattern

Just a thought

Rui

grayghost666
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 10:17 AM UTC
hello all,
we have 2 more great ideas for campaigns,and remember that 2010 is wide open for campaigns.
@Jim,
i like your idea for home town ships,you might want to call the campaign "Hometown Hero Ships" or some thing like that.
@Rui,
a cammo ship campaign would be great.i can just see some of the great ship cammo used in the dazzle pattern for WW1 in this campaign. or the zebra pattern used in WW2
all great ideas,lets keeping them coming and talking about the ones already proposed.
cheers,
Bruce
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 12:28 PM UTC
I really like the camo idea as well.

Hey, here is a crazy idea for a campaign.

"What ever Floats Your Boat!"
If it floats it fits.

Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Model Shipwrights: 934 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 12:58 PM UTC
I too like Rui's idea of a camo campaign.

Frank
redalb2253
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 235 posts
Model Shipwrights: 132 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 06:52 PM UTC
I like the CAMO idea i have a 1/350 resin Scharnhorst I need to start. Or a Rhineubung with Tirpitz, Bismarck and the Twins.
PolarBear
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 820 posts
Model Shipwrights: 16 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 08:55 PM UTC
New to the ship modelling community, I must say that I like the "hometown" idea (even if it would mean schratchbuilding for me).

Here is my "hometown", the corvette HMS Malmö (during a visit at Malta)
Of course, with the earlier paint scheme, it would also fit in the "Camoflaged" campaign.

Cheers! // Polarbear
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 09:55 PM UTC
SO MANY great ideas for new Campaigns here at MSW, mates!

It's going to be hard to narrow a few down and actually make some proposal's....and a note to all of our members, anyone can propose a campaign, and be the campaign leader here at KitMaker...all it takes is some imagination, coordination, and a little work to run a successful campaign!

And remember, if you're new at the site, participating in our Campaign program is a great way to get to know your ship-mates, and form good friendships here...and they're a fantastic way to share and learn knowledge! Let's keep the ball rolling here, gent's!

Cheers,
~Gunny
beefy66
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 971 posts
Model Shipwrights: 645 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 10:29 PM UTC
Most appealing to me would be the camo pattern campaigne or the nuke campaigne

1st would like to do the schnelle boot in camo
OR
2nd would like to do a nuke sub but don,t have in the stash yet ??
Either way some great ideas for all so far.
grayghost666
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 07:11 AM UTC
hello all,
it looks like the nuke campaign and the cammo camapign is leading the race,with hometown ships is a close behind.the civil war campaign is a long last.
i will get the info together to submitt the nuke campaign this weekend, if everyone wants be to?
i still like the civil war campaign,maybe another time for this campaign.
cheers,
Bruce
calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 886 posts
Model Shipwrights: 74 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 08:02 AM UTC
Oh well next time.. my husband just bought the CSS Nashville..
Roy
Visit this Community
Alvsborgs, Sweden
KitMaker: 230 posts
Model Shipwrights: 41 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 08:31 AM UTC
Hello

My Kirov battlecruiser Admiral Ushakov is waiting for the nuke campaign.

Cheers
/Christer
muddyfields
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 884 posts
Model Shipwrights: 135 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 08:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Merrimac?! Dem's fightin' works for us Johnny Rebs. She was the proud CSS Virginia!

I would be in for this one too.

Hey gator
Should have known better than put it down as the MERRIMAC as I'm a Confederate Reenactor ( although we have to portray Union at some events due to limlited artillery over here)
Lets hope this 1 gets the vote.
grayghost666
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 11:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh well next time.. my husband just bought the CSS Nashville..

hello Kelly,
i do not see why it can not become a campaign.i have been doing a search on civil war models at online stores,and there are alot more then i thought.and the prices are about what you would pay for a good plastic kit.Rusty White at Flagship models have 6-10 resin kits that run about $100 each.not a bad price.
so do not give up on this campaign,we have not heard from everyone,and we have alot of open spaces in mid to late 2009 plus all of 2010.
so let your friends know that here at MSW,we might be re-fighting the War of Northern Aggression.
cheers,
Bruce
calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 886 posts
Model Shipwrights: 74 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 03:25 PM UTC
you got it.. I think it would be great and Bill (from Houston) my husband will be ready
peterf
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 426 posts
Model Shipwrights: 424 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 08:01 PM UTC
I beleive this site is big enough to take 3 x concurrent campaigns and I vote for CIVIL WAR, CAMO, and NUKERS

Peter F
grayghost666
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 08:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I beleive this site is big enough to take 3 x concurrent campaigns and I vote for CIVIL WAR, CAMO, and NUKERS

Peter F

hello Peter,
i was just looking at civil kits and found that Verdiain? company(they make great figures) makes some nice ironclads and a nice 1/72 Huntley submarine and at a good prices.i agree with you that we can do 3 major campaigns at once.i have found enough info for them to submit the nuke and civil war campaigns to start July august 09 for one of them and the other starting Jan 2010.
that would make the start time about a month after the Community Build ends,what do you all think
cheers,
Bruce
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 10:39 PM UTC
All this talk about new Campaigns makes me VERY happy, mates!

I don't have a problem at all to list three new campaign proposals at a time...all that it takes is for someone to step up as campaign leader(s), who will write up a basic set of rules and regulations (you can use our past campaigns as a reference), submit your proposal using the campaign submittal form (under the Group Builds heading), and I'll take it from there...then we propose the campaign(s) to the GP in the forums, and wait to see if we can get the minimum sign up requirements met, and once we hit that mark, it's official and time to start planning!

Remember, I'm available at all times to help anybody who wishes to run a campaign, and will assist you along the way to success...

Cheers,
~Gunny
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Model Shipwrights: 985 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 11:13 PM UTC
Whatever campain that has a loophole for a sub is ok with me - wheater it be a camouflaged VII C, the Hunley or a nuclear soviet boat is fine with me
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 06:26 AM UTC
Definitely do not count out a Civil War theme. I've got a CSS Arkansas-USS Richmond dio planned, but there are other active model campaigns before it.

If a CW campaign can be set for late 2009-2010, that would benefit the topic since there is SOOOO much rigging involved!

--Karl
 _GOTOTOP