_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
USS Connecticut
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,242 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,064 posts
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2008 - 11:50 AM UTC
The image of the USS Connecticut from the Mosquito Con , does anyone know if that was a scratch built model or is there a kit out there of that class of ship. The USS Kansas was a Connecticut Class and I've been wanting to acquire one for some time now.

Thanks for your time
Steve
MartinJQuinn
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 574 posts
Model Shipwrights: 530 posts
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2008 - 02:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The image of the USS Connecticut from the Mosquito Con , does anyone know if that was a scratch built model or is there a kit out there of that class of ship. The USS Kansas was a Connecticut Class and I've been wanting to acquire one for some time now.

Thanks for your time
Steve

It's the Iron Shipwright kit (in 1/350 scale), build by Keith Bender of Newark, DE. Click here for the IronShipwright web page featuring more of Keith's model.
Devin
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 79 posts
Model Shipwrights: 45 posts
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2008 - 02:57 PM UTC
Keith had that model at the NATS this year as well and took third in its class. I can't seem to find it now, but SOMEWHERE on the internet is a photo review of the NATS and there are 3 or 4 shots of that ship (yeah, like that information helps anyone!).
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2008 - 03:10 PM UTC
I know that IHP was making a 1/700 version. I was going to build one as the Louisiana.

Kenny
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 08:18 AM UTC
For me, it seems high, but I'm willing to pay that price to have something unique like that. I have a small collection of information regarding the Kansas. Sad, it ended up as scrap metal. I thought it would make a nice conversation piece for the library surrounded by the photos and articles I gathered.

Thanks for the information guys. I appreciate it.
MartinJQuinn
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 574 posts
Model Shipwrights: 530 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 10:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

For me, it seems high, but I'm willing to pay that price to have something unique like that. I have a small collection of information regarding the Kansas. Sad, it ended up as scrap metal. I thought it would make a nice conversation piece for the library surrounded by the photos and articles I gathered.

Thanks for the information guys. I appreciate it.

For a resin kit, it's not too bad, actually. I know it's easy for me to spend your money, but I'd also pay the extra for the brass barrels - well worth it.
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 10:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I know it's easy for me to spend your money,

You and my wife

Well, to be honest, if I am going to pay that price, I would probably pull out all the stops and buy whatever enhancements I could get as well. I would like it to look as nice as possible.

Of course, there's the issue of my abilities and their negative impact on the final product...
 _GOTOTOP