_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Ise has hit the water
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 11:11 AM UTC
Just got a pay us notifiication from Hobby World Japan for the Ise. So it looks like that one is on the way. Hell, I haven't even had the chance to get over my excitement of the Akagi being in house when the next one rolls in. Well thank God the Repulse ain't out. I did find the Atago on half priced sale at Squadron, so I'll probably order that one up next week and completely wipe out all bonus money I'll get as well as my good time money for the month and probbably January's as well. Have to wait until February before I can start picking up PE to cover the Akagi and the rest. No matter, I have all I need for the Kongo and that is my next project.
treadhead1952
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 552 posts
Model Shipwrights: 493 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 12:29 PM UTC
Hi Steve,

Nuthin' llike the feelin' of being heavily invested in the Imperial Japanese Navy! Heheheheh

Know it well, I do. Of course, most of mine is in 1/700 scale. I am still trying to work up the courage to go for a !/350 Cruiser of some sort. The detailing possibilities are much greater, not to mention making Tom, Loren, and all the rest of the aftermarket be able to send their kids to college.
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Model Shipwrights: 934 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 12:41 PM UTC
Well done Steve,

This is one kit I'll bypass, I've given myself a budget for '09 and there's too many other interesting releases planned. The Mogami and the Shokaku in 350th are definite purchases, all else will be a wait and see!

Frank
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 01:59 PM UTC
Awesome Steve! Plan on shelling Gainsville, FL?

Kenny
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 02:24 PM UTC
I had this kit on my serious to consider getting list, but, I am going to have to wait. Ise is so unique it is hard to wait to get, but I must.

JMartine
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,514 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 03:52 AM UTC
the current DragonUSA web sales include a plethora of IJN (350) PE, AMs and add-ons

Resistance is futile....
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 05:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just got a pay us notifiication from Hobby World Japan for the Ise. So it looks like that one is on the way. Hell, I haven't even had the chance to get over my excitement of the Akagi being in house when the next one rolls in. Well thank God the Repulse ain't out. I did find the Atago on half priced sale at Squadron, so I'll probably order that one up next week and completely wipe out all bonus money I'll get as well as my good time money for the month and probbably January's as well. Have to wait until February before I can start picking up PE to cover the Akagi and the rest. No matter, I have all I need for the Kongo and that is my next project.

You know, this is good problem for larger-scale ship modelers to have... I will get the Ise, but I have had to queue up the budget what with the 1:72 I-boats arriving next month, followed by the Repulse, Shokaku, Mogami, Hiei, Nagara, Myokos, Prinz Eugen, the 1:35 S-boat, the 1:144 Fletchers, and aftermarket gear (not to mention the new 1:32 aircraft releases such as the Swordfish ).

The Karlshaven Yards will be at capacity for years!

--Karl
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 07:15 AM UTC
Who is doing the Shokaku? Hopefully someone else so we can get another mix of aircraft. I would just love to be able to buy a box of 6ea Zeros and Kates to outfit my Akagi. Well, I imagine anyone doing a Midway version might have some Kates to trade for Vals. I'm not going to let myself get drawan into $100 a pop crusiers. This Atago after waiting 6 months is going for $62and the pe fpr $22. Now that is reasonable. I'm curious if Fujimi is going to do a bottom flightdeck of the Ise PE set. Mox nix I can't afford it for a few months anyway.

I've bought so much thias past year and I haven't even considered where to put it yet. Might have to go and do another big model give away and get rid of the car / airplane model collection.

Kenny:

Florida will be forgiven if they whomp Oklahoma. Most every thing around here is Dallas Cowboys ad nauseum, GO ANYBODY ELSE!!!) but college is of course OU and UT and how great the Big 12 is. So a smashing of Oklahoma would do my heart good. ONly wish Alabama had drawn Texas and whomped them so we could end this "controversy" over which is the best conference.
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 07:31 AM UTC
Hi Steve!

It looks like Fujimi is working on the Shokaku. They had a prototype on display at the All Japan Model Show recently. I agree about the prices for the cruisers, but they keep coming out with different variants of the Atago class!

--Karl
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2008 - 03:47 AM UTC
Cyber-Hobby.com has a package deal that includes everything you might need for $383.00

_GOTOTOP