_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
"When Bears Attack"
MightyRumba
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2003 - 03:54 PM UTC
Proof that no matter how much your military trains and prepares for every conceivable form of attack from any imaginable aggressor, you're never ready for whatever happens next.

http://www.strategypage.com/gallery/default.asp?target=bear_sub1.htm

Just think about it a minute.... There are two colors in a Polar Bear's world. Black = Food, white = everything else! This fellow thought he had hit the mother load!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 06:40 PM UTC
I wonder what his reaction was after he bit? Hope he still had some teeth left. Did you know Polar bears are even meaner than grizzley's. Don't ever plan to go to Alaska and see those up close and personal!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 608 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2003 - 04:13 AM UTC
Basically, Polar Bears live in a white world. Just about anything that is not white is food to them... he probably thought it was part of a whale of something sticking out of the ice. People are included in his food chain... they are indeed very dangerous and that I know of have never been tamed, unlike browns and blacks. We do not have them here in Ketchikan, they are about 1500 miles north of here...and they can stay there, but we do have lots of black bears in the area, as well as browns over on the mainland not far away.
Puma112
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 322 posts
Model Shipwrights: 15 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2003 - 01:35 AM UTC
I really have to wonder what the odds are in the bear and the sub being so close at the same moment in time? There is a math problem from hell. Might make a great dio though?
 _GOTOTOP