_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
ISE has docked
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 07:32 AM UTC
The ISE arrived today. A nice blustery 27 degrees outside with some ice on the road and this being my weekend. Took a qucik peek to see what was what. It included 4 aircraft and the metal main gun barrels and Fujimi's figure set 2....all those little sit down fellas. Doesnt look like it will be as PE intensive, I believe I saw they had 2 sets to go with it, the first being the rail set the second everything else. Of course the wooden deck is available and looking at it the deck is kind of set up similar to the Kongo to encourage its purchase. You can tell they are planning a full BB Hyuga in the near future by the way the rear deck has been done up..

Oh one more thing. Called Squadron to order that half priced Atago kit, that's been totally sold out. Well you're slow, you blow.
ajkochev
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 246 posts
Model Shipwrights: 221 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 08:24 AM UTC
Can you post some pics please? I don't build in this scale but I love looking at them.
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 09:07 AM UTC
That's great news all-sound, Steve. I will order mine next month.

--Karl
treadhead1952
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 552 posts
Model Shipwrights: 493 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 11:06 AM UTC
Cool Deal Steve! Nothing like ripping the wrap off of a new kit.

I thoroughly enjoyed working over the old Hasegawa offering in the smaller scale. It would be interesting to see what differences there are between it and the large scale job. Hasegawas' kit seemed to fall down on the front section of the hangar deck as well as the surrounding parts and that area, it required practially rebuilding the whole thing from brass and styrene parts.
JMartine
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,514 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 03:47 AM UTC
steve, I did TWO 'wows" when I read your post, one for the ISE information, one for the 27 degrees in texas!

REALLY look forward to yoru build!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 05:46 AM UTC
Jay:

Looking at the kit, there doesn't appear to be a whole lot of super detail on the back end. Looks like in real life they sort of just built the area up on top of what was there. The flight deck has only a minimal amout of overhang and the sides that support it are pretty devoid of anything except walls. So I guess that the 700 kit got it right. This will be a fun kit to build. It will be similar to the Kongo kit and have some elements of the Akagi as it does have some minimal under flight deck detailing. By the time I get to this one, I'll be an old hand at building the new super 350 scale ships. My Kongo build starts in 2 or 3 weeks

James:

That 27 degrees for a high is really a wow considering Sunday the high was near 77. You guys up north take this weather in stride, down here when it is accompanied by moisture makes it Mother's Day in Hell on the highways. I heard on the news that Monday night rush hour had over 200 wrecks. Folks going home took up to 4 hours. Boy was I glad not to have to work. (my weekend)
 _GOTOTOP