_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Shokaku / Zuikaku
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 06:56 AM UTC
I have heard tat Fujimi is going to release a 350 scale Shokaku sometime later this year. Does anyone have any more info on this. Like....Are they going to make their own aircraft or be content to use Hasegawas? Wasn't the Zuikaku one of the carriers that had that "battleship" camo on the deck? Did the SHokaku have it as well? How close look alikes are the sisters? Obviously you can see where I am going with this. I want to do one of those super deck camo's on a 350 scale carrier. I am also hoping someone will release IJN aircraft in such a way so that I won't have to go out and buy 4 huge sets and have a ton of Vals and some Zero's stting in a box. so I can outfit my Akagi to Pearl Harbor configuration.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 07:06 AM UTC
Sorry Mr. Joyce, nothing rock solid as far as a release date or other juicy details, but early spring has been mentioned in some of the Far East Modeling forums....for a little more of a teaser, have a look here...
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 07:21 AM UTC
Thanks Mark, that is all I have seen so far too No aircraft on deck. . I wonder if Fujimi is going to add to their 350 scale figures and do an aircraft carrier set to go with their othr 2 sets. I am in no hurry to pick this one up . I still have to buy the other 2 PE sets for my Akagi and the wooden deck and PE for the Ise. Plus I still have the Alabama and Hood and the Hornet waiting their turn in the slips.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 07:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Mark, that is all I have seen so far too No aircraft on deck. . I wonder if Fujimi is going to add to their 350 scale figures and do an aircraft carrier set to go with their othr 2 sets. I am in no hurry to pick this one up . I still have to buy the other 2 PE sets for my Akagi and the wooden deck and PE for the Ise. Plus I still have the Alabama and Hood and the Hornet waiting their turn in the slips.

Well, my friend, if Fujimi follows suit of their competition, I expect a full onslaught of goodies for this one (ie, Hasegawa's Akagi...), probably available seperately (and if they're smart, as a special package)...will be interesting to see, for sure!
SqzMyLemon
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 66 posts
Model Shipwrights: 60 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 09:06 AM UTC
Sigh...I love these Japanese carriers...looks like I'm going to have to start working some overtime.
 _GOTOTOP