_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
richelieu questions
dylans
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 394 posts
Model Shipwrights: 13 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 03:11 PM UTC
I picked up the Trump. 1/350 Richelieu today.(local hobby pusher had it on for 80 bucks so what the heck)
so now the challenge is to find some p.e. railings and an accurate painting guide.

first question does anyone make a dedicated p.e. set,or can i just use USN style railings. i know Richelieu was rebuilt in the states during the war so i am sure there were a few USN style fittings.

secondly the painting guide. there is a link to an image herehttp://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=33541&start=105 but it is really small and there is only the one side. does anyone have some references around

thanks in advance Dylan
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 09:23 AM UTC
I din't know of a Richelieu set. Usually Tom's did one, but I heard that he passed. Possibly one from Gold Medal Models. You might want to fire off a note to Loren and ask. I've got the hkit, but to be honest, it came in the middle of all the super Janese kits and I've kind of forgotten that I even have it. or that it doesn't have everything yet. You might want to talk with Gator over here about making a set of masks for her. He does great research and his masks make life so much easier. I've used one for my NOrth Carolina build, he did some custom for my Lexington backdate and I've got on hand one for the Alabama and Hornet.
 _GOTOTOP