_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
White Ensign Models
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Model Shipwrights: 85 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 05:08 AM UTC
I've seen a lot of posts on here referring to this company, so I thought I'd give'em a try for the paints for my HMS Hood and a 1/350 Dogboat - ordered last weekend and arrived this morning!

Now that is fast by any standards. The Fairmile looks good too - may post a review of it once I've had a better look.
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 06:14 AM UTC
Hi Dave

Yes, WEM work very well - great customer care!
As for Colourcoats range, it's what I use the most - exception made on my latest project where I used the "real thing" paint (I'll let you know when it's published).

Cheers.
Rui

OBS: I have no affiliation whatsoever with WEM, apart from being also a (pleased) customer
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Model Shipwrights: 85 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 07:19 AM UTC
The Fairmile is a fantastic piece of resin - so much detail in such a small size (compared to the armour/aircraft I usually make), I'll have to use extra lenses to even see most of the PE though!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 08:00 AM UTC
Living in England WEM is the only way to go. Very few retailers or wholesalers for that matter carry them here. Once in a while I'll run into them and pick up what i can. I like what I've used but generally look for a close match from theTestor's Model Master enamels which are plentiful around here.
MartinJQuinn
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 574 posts
Model Shipwrights: 530 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 02:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Living in England WEM is the only way to go. Very few retailers or wholesalers for that matter carry them here.

You can purchase Colourcoats in the US from Randy Short at Snyder & Short. I believe Roll Models carries them as well.

I've ordered them directly from WEM on many occasion, and they as Dave said, they ship lightning fast, even to New Jersey. Shipping is pretty reasonable too.
Grenadier37
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 232 posts
Model Shipwrights: 28 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 07:18 AM UTC
I've bought several WEM PE sets and can attest to the excellent quality and great customer service.

I'm dabbling with the idea of buying some of thier paints as soon as my supply of Brand-T runs low.
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Model Shipwrights: 214 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 10:54 AM UTC
I bought the WEM PE for the Airfix 1/600 HMS Victorious which arrived quickly and well packed.

The delicacy and quality was absolutely outstanding! I'll definitely buy more WEM stuff if this PE is an example of their quality.

First the Airfix kit part

And now (Taraaaa) The WEM stuff:

This is parts for around six Airfix 1/600 ships. The PE on the bottom left is part of the mast just shown which consists of about SEVENTEEN parts. Looks superb though!

_GOTOTOP