_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
Fujimi 350 Shokaku
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2009 - 08:33 AM UTC
Saw one of the Hobby Japan sites has it preorder for 19,800 yen Around $205) So, I am looking for a pre-order price around that with out the $40 shipping. Anyboby got any real nice pictures of this thing....awnt to see backside and all that. Doesn't look as extensive as the dreaded Akagi. Also did it ever recieve that really cool "fake-battleship" camo on the deck. Someone polease give me a spill your guts run down on ship and upcoming kit. Pre-order phase ends in 2 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aircraft for kit

is Fujimi going to put rheir own set out. WHat is makeup of what she flew Pearl Harbor just in case this is some early only version.

Come on guys flood me with info

Steve
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 08:07 AM UTC
Nobody knows anything?

Mark ???
Kenny ???
Dade????
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 08:52 AM UTC
References:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/japan/shokaku-cv.htm

http://www.combinedfleet.com/shokaku.htm

http://www.modelsstory.com/models/shipmodel1en/shokaku.htm

http://images.google.com/images?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS245&=&q=ijn%20shokaku&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 09:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nobody knows anything?

Mark ???
Kenny ???
Dade????

Why didn't you ask me if I knew anything??

Kenny, seems to have listed a bunch of the good sites. That pre-sell price you got was really nice.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 11:39 AM UTC
My apologies to you JIM, Frank, kym, Rui, Tracy (I am doibg this while I am chatting with a lady while I am typing all this) for not requesting your assisstace. I know you are not offended but I did not mean slight anypne. I just had to make a quick decision and I couldn't find out anything. I went aheadand ordered it. Though I was kinda hoping for a July August release for his one. I am sure that the Repulse and the Graf Spee ar due soon , but I guess I'll just hold off on them until summer.
TracyWhite
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 527 posts
Model Shipwrights: 464 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 12:07 PM UTC
It's fine Steve; I would have just asked you if had ever occurred to you to do your own research instead of demanding others do it for you. I gotta spend time away from my wife so you can chat with a lady?
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 12:35 PM UTC
Steve,

Well, now that you added in the lady thing, I am impressed! LOL

Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 846 posts
Model Shipwrights: 740 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 02:15 PM UTC
Woops, sorry Steve, I somehow missed this thread until now (I've been away for a bit while working on the Hiryu and some other stuff I've got backed up). But Kenny's links are good ones and I can't add much to that.

Also, Futabasha's CG book is a very good painting reference to IJN carriers:

http://www.hlj.com/product/FTB47759

Take care!
MartinJQuinn
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 574 posts
Model Shipwrights: 530 posts
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 - 02:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

did it ever recieve that really cool "fake-battleship" camo on the deck.

I don't believe it did - of the two, I'm almost certain only Zuikaku wore the green camouflage design. If this kit sells, I wouldn't be surprised to see a later war Zuikaku down the road (depending on how bad the economy is).
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 09:00 PM UTC
Tracy I really wasn't looking for research on the actual ship, I was trying to find out about the upcoming kit. Sometimes someone is in the loop knows more than the quickee manufacturers post that HLJ had whcih was "we have no info on the kit". Please don't feel it necessary to take time from your wife and family on my account. The only reason your name was mentioned as I was answeing Jim's tongue in cheek post about not asking him for info and I thought it would be cute by apologizing to everyone else I could think of for not asking them. I was trying to decide to buy the kit or not based on I was hoping for a better array of aircraft than came with the Akagi as she was basically depictied Pearl Harbor and I did not want ot go out and buy a ton of planes and get all those unusable Vals., and 2) I had spent close to $200 additional on the PE for the Akagi and really didn't want to do that with another kit. Some of us have to budget our expenditues and I would like to have money left in the budget to do more than one ship this year.
TracyWhite
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 527 posts
Model Shipwrights: 464 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 08:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sometimes someone is in the loop knows more

I certainly didn't get that from your post, I apologize I guess for not making the logical leap.

Also, as someone "in the loop" (but not with Fujimi) I am not going to spill beans before any official announcement and would expect others in the loops to do the same. There is too much at stake to give someone advance information.... patience.
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 09:11 AM UTC
Just sent in the pre-order payment for the Shokaku to Free Time Hobbies. Here's looking to another great addition to our miniature navies! (The Ise should be shipping soon, too!)

--Karl
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 06:50 PM UTC
I've had my 350 Ise for several months now, so if you pre-ordered something happened.
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
Posted: Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 12:10 AM UTC
Steve,

Did you get your Ise from Japan or stateside? I talked to Brandon at Freetime and he said it was a distributor problem that has delayed their shipment of Ise kits.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 09:06 AM UTC
I got mine from HObby Link Japan and it was before Christmas. I still have yet to order the wooden deck and basic PE set for her. I preordered the Shokaku from them as well. The Ise is similar to the Kongo in that the wooden deck is encouraged by the lack of molded deck detail. I was wondering why there was no buzz about this kit. Gee, I guess I am the first kid on the block to have one LOL
 _GOTOTOP