_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Cruisers
Topics covering cruisers both past and present.
1/350 Myoko and Nagara
Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 846 posts
Model Shipwrights: 740 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 05:35 AM UTC
As promised, here they come...

http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS04423

http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS04419

I'm so super-duper happy about the Nagara!
Sekas
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 06:09 AM UTC
Hi Dade,

Thanks for posting this update. Man are these two gonna be sweet!! I can't wait for both ships to be released. It will require advance serenading of "she who must be obeyed." I also like that they are in the 1942 configuration.

Thanks again!

John
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 07:01 AM UTC
Dade,
I am going to have to ban you from posting if you keep putting up stuff like that!

Both are very nice and I love the fact they are below that magical $100 mark. Time to save my points at HWJ.

BTW, thank you for the heads up!

ajkochev
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 246 posts
Model Shipwrights: 221 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 08:31 AM UTC
What I'm waiting for is for Dade to post info on a retooled 1:700 scale 1941 Akagi and Kaga. I'll likely cry for joy.

Until then, wishful thinking.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 08:37 AM UTC
FINALLY !!!! The Myoko, now to me she is the most beautiful cruiser evr built. Sleek, and deadly....just like the original configuration of the Yamato. So I se this is going to be another year of making the stash bigger. I am still 3 or 4 days away from finishing the Kongo....MY FIRST PROJECT !!
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 09:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

...The Myoko, now to me she is the most beautiful cruiser evr built. Sleek, and deadly...

I'm kind of partial to the Alaskas when it came to looks: very sleek, and very deadly.

BTW, I wonder if Brandon at FreeTime will get an early deal on those two fine catches?

--Karl
Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 10:20 AM UTC
No problem giving the heads up, guys. Glad I could help, and I feel your pain, Jim. So much to choose from, but I think I'm gonna settle on that lil old Nagara first...

BTW, gang, Jim reminded me about HWJapan where these kits are going for 20% off Japanese list...

Nagara for 5,200 yen!
http://www.hwjapan.com/sh/seeke.aspx?seek_code=ABK09041601

...and Aoshima's PE set for it. 1,600 yen!
http://www.hwjapan.com/sh/seeke.aspx?seek_code=ABK09041603

Myoko at 7,840 yen!
http://www.hwjapan.com/sh/seeke.aspx?seek_code=ABK09041604

...and the PE for 2,800 yen!
http://www.hwjapan.com/sh/seeke.aspx?seek_code=ABK09041606

Of course, HWJapan is owned by Aoshima, so that's likely how they can do such low pricing. I have about 1,100 yen in points saved up too.... Let the good times roll!
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Model Shipwrights: 934 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 12:44 PM UTC
WOW a 5500t cruiser!!! thanks for the heads up Dade, I'll pre-order this one ASAP.

thanks,

Frank
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 07:12 PM UTC
Yea, I ordered mine from Hobby World Japan with the basic set of PE. Costs just a tad more than the other place and hopefully I won't get skunked on shipping like I did when I ordered the Mogami. Man I am over my limit now for ordering. The only good thing is Myoko ain't due for 3 months, so I can recover from Mogami and then Shokaku.
Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 - 08:13 AM UTC
Frank, yep, as happy as I am with the heavies, I'm OVERJOYED with the 5500.

Hey Steve, remember that you can always opt for SAL. It takes longer, but costs less. I have so much stuff laying around here that I usually default to SAL. After all, it's not like I can get to any new builds for a while, so I can wait the extra time (it's gonna go in a stash anyway).
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2009 - 08:04 AM UTC
I thought I had checked SAL, but I guess something got confused. I know hobby world assumes SAL then gives the option to switch. Next time I will pay a bit more attention. Like you, I am never in a screaming rush to get a kit. I'll have some big time points when this kit rolls around as I should be getting the Shokaku in sometime soon. I still am highly curious about the aircraft. I wonder if they will opt out for Hasegawa's or will do their own. I kind of am hoping for their own with better number mix. I would like to complete a set for my Akagi without getting a bunch of extra ones I don't use. By the way, do you know what SHokaku sent in the first wave. The info says she is configured 1941
MartinJQuinn
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 574 posts
Model Shipwrights: 530 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2009 - 09:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I still am highly curious about the aircraft. I wonder if they will opt out for Hasegawa's or will do their own. I kind of am hoping for their own with better number mix. I would like to complete a set for my Akagi without getting a bunch of extra ones I don't use.

Fujimi is doing their own aircraft. This was posted on MW.com earlier today:

Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2009 - 11:25 AM UTC
Hi Steve, yep she's in her 1941 fit as the manufacturers seem to be shooting for the Kido Butai releases to be represented in its biggest triumph: Pearl Harbor. Hmm, I'm not sure what the makeup of Shokaku's force was in the first wave... Combined fleet may be able to shed some light on it-- perhaps in their forum.

http://www.combinedfleet.com/kaigun.htm

Also, thanks for the plane info Martin!
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 07:56 AM UTC
Well, I decided to punish myself and pick up the Nagara kit. By punish I mean having another nice kit collecting dust in my stash. I do have to say with all these new kits coming out I am expecting reviews from you fellas!

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 08:49 AM UTC
Thanks Martin:

That is grand news about the aircraft. Now I can just buy zeros and Kates to finish up Akagi and put what was on Shokaku with left-overs and maybe a suplement of Hasegawa.

Dade:

I had long ago checked that site. All I got was they launched 2 waves no makeup of either. Someone will have the info. After the kit comes out I am sure they will "spill the beans"
MartinJQuinn
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 574 posts
Model Shipwrights: 530 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 10:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Someone will have the info. After the kit comes out I am sure they will "spill the beans"

According to this site, Shokaku launched 26 Vals and 5 Zeros in the first wave, and 27 Kates in the second wave. That means she launched all but one of her Vals in the 1st wave and ALL her Kates in the 2nd wave, if the information on her aircraft complement are correct.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 08:45 AM UTC
Thank YOu martin !!

That is indeed good news. After all this shakes out it looks like I will need to buy two box of Vals to cover what I don't have. I ordered 1 zero and 2 kates yesterday which will cover the Akagi and with two box of Vals plus extras I'll have the Shiokaku covered. and only a few extra planes to stuff in hangers and such.
Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 09:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I had long ago checked that site. All I got was they launched 2 waves no makeup of either. Someone will have the info. After the kit comes out I am sure they will "spill the beans"

That's why I suggested their forums. Just like here, there's a lot of pretty knowledgeable guys lurking there (Shattered Sword was written by the Combined Fleet guys and that's a pretty major resource for Midway). Since Martin had the info, no worries, but give the Combined Fleet forums a spin sometime. Lots of good info to be found there that isn't immediately on the site itself.
Angeleyes
Visit this Community
Drama, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 154 posts
Model Shipwrights: 149 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 09:41 PM UTC
It seems all the manufacturers have conspired to release all IJN stuff first and leave for last the one everyone dreams for FUSO.
Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 - 04:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It seems all the manufacturers have conspired to release all IJN stuff first and leave for last the one everyone dreams for FUSO.

Don't be too sure of that... Wait and see, wait and see....

After all, there is a lot of IJN left to do, and the Fuso is pretty high on the agenda.
 _GOTOTOP