_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
hoby world japan
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 07:22 PM UTC
I called up the listing of orders I had placed and noted to my horror that the Shipping method on 2 of them was EMS. One is that whopper Shokaku the other I just pre-ordered the Myoko. How do I get in and change the shipping to SAL before they get pulled and shipped.What if for some reason I wanted to change or add to an order. Anyone know how you get into an order, all I can find is calling up order status, but no way to revise it.
Rab
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 353 posts
Model Shipwrights: 207 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 07:26 PM UTC
Email them immediately.
BTW, Is it Hobby world or Hobby Link Japan?
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 06:58 AM UTC
It is Hobby World and that is the direction I took. I thnk the Shokaku might be out, but I am ahead of the game for the Myoko
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 08:13 AM UTC
I learned quickly to use SAL.They should be able to help you.

I think Dade knows one fo the people over there and said they are super helpful.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 08:28 AM UTC
I sent an email last night which included the order numbers requesting they change the shipping method to SAL from EMS. I mean, it was my goof for not reading the fine print and getting a bit confused on the shipping terms. Here stateside the automatic is 3 day and if you want the upgrade you switch to it. Over there it is the opposite. Hopefully they will be able to change it before the Shokaku goes out, and the Myoko is not due out for at least a month so I have time there. I just am used to here and in China having access to your order until it is shipped to edit anything you want to change.
Karybdis
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 846 posts
Model Shipwrights: 740 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 09:35 AM UTC
Steve, if you haven't paid for the order yet, they should be able to change the shipping (I've done this). However, if it's something that you already paid for, that's very hard for them to do as it may already be in progress in the mail. They're pretty good about answering email sent to the main address, so I don't think you'll have to worry. I actually changed an order from SAL to EMS a couple weeks ago (the prices were close enough, ironically) and it was taken care of with no problems.

Just don't pay for your order until you get your shipping changed and get the new total (they give a week). If you don't hear back by Monday, send me an email ([email protected]) and I'll send you the email of the contact I've dealt with.

No worries, though, I've never had any issues.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 - 08:09 AM UTC
They have been in communication with me. I thought that when I pre-ordered and they have a credit card on record it was paid for. The Shokaku is about $6 cheaper by EMS so I didn't change anything. Last thng said was they will ship after I pay. So i sent email saying to use CC on record or send me an invoice. They are pretty quick on response and seem to do a great job with customer care. Thanks for directing me to them.
 _GOTOTOP