_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
NEWS
Fujimis latest IJN 1/350th Carrier
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2009 - 12:26 PM UTC
Ahoy Shipmates

Fujimi have called by the news desk and given us the details on their latest release.

Check it out!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Sean
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2009 - 02:55 PM UTC
Mine is in the mail, but is that a ONE PIece deck I spy Wouldn't that be something !!!!!!!!!!!!! I've also got 2 boxes of Kates and 1 Zero incoming. That wwill take care of Akagi. Looks like I will still need 2 boxes of Vals to do Shokaku. Anybody seen or heard of PE for this one. Still looking for someone who sells PE for Ise at a fair price. Might end up buyiing another set of the Toms IJN BB sets like I ddi for Nagato.
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2009 - 06:45 AM UTC
Mine arrived Friday. The hull is in two halves, but the flight deck is a single (and long!) piece. The molding is on a par with other recent Fujimi releases. The aircraft are clear.

Thankfully, the ship's design does not require extensive supporting structure like the Akagi, so the PE requirements (and there is a PE railing set included in the kit as well) are modest for so large a kit.

At first glance, an excellent addition to 1:350 modeling.

--Karl
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2009 - 08:34 AM UTC
Mine came in today and I was quite pleased. As Carl pointed out, the railings came with it. The underside of the flight deck isn't anywhre as big or exposed s the Akagi. The rear area has a boat deck right underneath so you would really have to strain yourself to see under it. Maybe a bit of work to the bow section and I haven't looked in detail at the supporting girdersor the what have yous so there might be a need for a regular PE set to cover all that. Kit comeds with 9 planes....3 of each. According to what I have gotten, first wave at Pearl she launched 5 Zeros and 27 Vals. So I will need 2 boxes of Vals with what I already have to cover that (and the Akagi). Well other than the Repulse, Myoko, and Graf Spee, I think I am about covered up for this year. It would have to be something spectacular...like a Littorio to get much more out of me. NOw to build them. Right now I'vestarted a B-58 Hustler in 48th. Man such B_I_G pieces.
 _GOTOTOP