_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Forgotten Nagato
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 05:32 AM UTC
Remember how excited we were when the Nagato first came out. Then we kind of forgot about it after the Kongo. Went to a model show and saw one in the competition. I kept thinking it was the Kongo. I was wondering why the deck was painted...it was so good it took a few looks to determine that. Then I was wondering why he used the Toms and GMM pe sets and t still looked good. So I talked with him and was told that ain't the Kongo it's the Nagato. OOPS !!!!
JayTDee
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 118 posts
Model Shipwrights: 117 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 06:49 AM UTC
Imho, it is the highest quality 1/350 model out there at the moment.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2009 - 06:51 AM UTC
For detail I think the Kongo surpassed it. I looked at the pix I took and compared to the Kongo. My vote is for the Kongo (though some say the Haruna by Aoshima is superior).

In any case, they are all wonderful kits

JayTDee
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 118 posts
Model Shipwrights: 117 posts
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2009 - 07:26 AM UTC
It probably depends on the PE you use, but out of the box I think Nagato offers more than Kongo. For instance, the Kongo features binocs, the Nagato features various different types of binocs. And, of course, the 25mm AAA guns on the Hasegawa Nagato are far more detailed than the Fujimi ones.

I didn't look at my Haruna kit yet (I suppose you mean Fujimis?), but I expect it to be a small overall improvement over Kongo (for instance better 25mm AAA) and it will then be very much like the Nagato.
 _GOTOTOP