_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
350 scale IJN DD's
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 09:59 AM UTC
I don't know what all has been posted about what is out there, but running through the "catalog" at Hobby World Japan, I discovered three classes. The Kagero of course, but discovered a Yugumo class and I do recall hearing about an Akitsuki class. Thiunking about buying one of the latter, but figure to wait until after I get my Myoko in. Yugumo's look very similar to Kagero's, but the Akitsukis are about 50 feet longer and mounted 4 turrets
JayTDee
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 118 posts
Model Shipwrights: 117 posts
Posted: Monday, July 06, 2009 - 03:17 AM UTC
There are a couple of Akitsukis out there, you have a 1942 and a 1944 Trumpeter version of the ship as well as the Suzutsuki sister ship by Trumpeter and MonoChrome in a 1945 outfit. The MonoChrome model has been reviewed on this site.

I've ordered a 1942 Akitsuki and 1945 Suzutsuki a while ago but not yet received them.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, July 06, 2009 - 07:32 AM UTC
I knew about the Akitsuki class, my surprise was the Yugumo class as I don't recall that as havng been listed or discussed. With everything else flying into the works, I really don't look at the DD's that much. I can't remember if it is 4 or 5 classes of US and now 3 Japanese and I guess there are some othrs as well. Shoot, I have 7 BB's to build 4 AC's and soon to be 4 HC"s. I may pick up an Akitsuki later this summer and one of the non Fletcher class ships.
JayTDee
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 118 posts
Model Shipwrights: 117 posts
Posted: Monday, July 06, 2009 - 09:03 AM UTC
The Yugumos have recently been announced, was on this board somewhere, too.

While they are similar to the Kageros they retained the 6 gun layout even late in the war because they were fitted with high angle guns which were useful in the AAA role.

I'm getting some of the smaller ships, too. Building by Navy, started with the IJN. Still lots to do, but I may stray into the RN some time soon.
 _GOTOTOP