_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
Mogami Rigging???
xFOX_HOUNDx
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 249 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2009 - 03:45 AM UTC
I am building the Tamiya Mogami in 1/350 and am having a really hard time finding drawings/ pictures of the rigging on the ship. Does anyone have detailed drawings or pictures of the rigging for this ship? Anything would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2009 - 04:33 AM UTC
Dave,

I will have to take a look and see waht I can dig up for you.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 - 09:40 PM UTC
This is a re-occuring question that cmes up time and time again. The Japanese did very little photography (that survived anyway) of their ships. Rigging on just about everthing is pretty much by guess and by golly. Most of wht you see modeled is bsed on logic gained through other warship rigging and extrapolating that on to what you thnk would be most likely for the Japnaese ship. In other words...do what you feel looks best.
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 12:46 AM UTC
I am in the process of setting up a very nice MOD, with rigging of the Mogami. If you can wait a couple of weeks for it to circulate through the order it should prove very helpful!

xFOX_HOUNDx
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 249 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 01:07 PM UTC
Thanks for the responses. Steve, unfortunately I do not have that prior knowledge of rigging. This is my first ship model having built mainly aircraft and armor most of my modeling life. Anything that can be contributed to this subject would be greatly appreciated. Jim, that MOD you are working on sounds fantastic. I can't wait to see it, I'm sure it will be helpful to many. Thank you!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 07:11 PM UTC
Not many of us do, myself included. With me, less is best. I have seen some great rigging schemes. Look to the American battleships (built models) They are probably fairly accurate. They may give you some kind of guidance, but honestly, no one I know nows how to accuately rig one of the Japanese ships due to lack of documentation. I even spent $45 on the Yamato book to no avail. NOt trying to be a bummer. I think I will copy the boxtop painting when I get around to doing mine
 _GOTOTOP