_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
starting the Hood
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 08:44 AM UTC
OK play time is over. Have been doing small projects since completion of the Kongo, so i figure it is time to get back into it. I debated over the Bama or Hood and opted for the latter due to seniority (time in stash--lol). First time I painted the deck as a start to a project, but the layout of the superstructure required you start on the deck, so I sprayed the deck then did the upper hull and most of the superstruture and jadda jadda parts with the gray. Assembly starts today and i am juiced, so doing all those small projects in between capital ships is a recommended rejuvination method
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2009 - 07:23 AM UTC
OK , I'm 2 weeks into the project. This is one of the first models I have built since i was a kid that I've followed the instructions step by step. I have to hand it to Trumpeter on this one. They definitely manufactured / designed this one for the model builder. After the initial paint down, I assembled the decks then added all the small pre-paintd pieces there, then they laid out building the superstructure in sections and you have a grand assembly near the end when you put the sub assemblies on. I know the Hoodstorians had plenty of criticism about precission, but hey it looks like the Hood, it smells like the Hood.........if you want to go out and buy main gun turrets and super detailed aa guns feel free. I'm enjoying this and probably will even like putting on the PE railing at the end.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 09:52 AM UTC
WOW...only a month to do a 350 scale capital ship. That has got to be first for me. I am leaning to doing either the Alabama next or one of the IJN cruisers I have in the stash.
 _GOTOTOP