_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
me
TGarthConnelly
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 875 posts
Model Shipwrights: 872 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 12:22 PM UTC
Do you know what?

I'm going to make MSW my main online home now.

Garth
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 12:36 PM UTC
Hi Garth

Just talking personally I have never ever regretted making a similar decision a number of years ago now.

Not only did I change sites I changed from armour to ship modelling!

You will not find a more friendly and approachable bunch of folks on any site bar none.

The enthusiasm and knowledge from of the members here is fantastic.

The "atmosphere" at this site is very unique IMHO - warm, friendly, supportive and the site is modern and interactive.

I was very very privileged to have become a news writer here and I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment in fact I am about to reach my 300th news story milestone. One I am very proud of.

I believe in all honesty that all the forum staff on modelshipwrights I work with on a daily basis are truly great people and very professional with the exception of that fordboy character a dodgy dude indeed LOL.

Great news indeed IMHO I dont think you will regret the decision.

So welcome aboard shipmate.

Cheers

Sean
TGarthConnelly
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 12:44 PM UTC
Well,

I'll tell ya Sean,

Every interaction I've had on this site has been very friendly and totally respectful. THAT's something I was not shown on another site.

Garth

Quoted Text

Hi Garth

Just talking personally I have never ever regretted making a similar decision a number of years ago now.

Not only did I change sites I changed from armour to ship modelling!

You will not find a more friendly and approachable bunch of folks on any site bar none.

The enthusiasm and knowledge from of the members here is fantastic.

The "atmosphere" at this site is very unique IMHO - warm, friendly, supportive and the site is modern and interactive.

I was very very privileged to have become a news writer here and I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment in fact I am about to reach my 300th news story milestone. One I am very proud of.

I believe in all honesty that all the forum staff on modelshipwrights I work with on a daily basis are truly great people and very professional with the exception of that fordboy character a dodgy dude indeed LOL.

Great news indeed IMHO I dont think you will regret the decision.

So welcome aboard shipmate.

Cheers

Sean

Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 12:51 PM UTC
Yip Garth

In my years of experience here everyone is in fact "very friendly and totally respectful."

IMHO as they say you have hit the old nail on the head shipmate.

Cheers

Sean
TGarthConnelly
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 12:53 PM UTC
I call 'em as I see 'em.

Quoted Text

Yip Garth

In my years of experience here everyone is in fact "very friendly and totally respectful."

IMHO as they say you have hit the old nail on the head shipmate.

Cheers

Sean

goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 01:01 PM UTC
Garth,

Well, I am glad that you have decided to hang your hat with us. I too tried a few other places, but for some reason it just never "clicked".

So, sit down and enjoy a cup of what ever you enjoy.

MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Model Shipwrights: 985 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 07:09 PM UTC
Welcome, It might be a little quiet around here sometimes, but its a friendly quiet

Cheers/Jan
JMartine
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,514 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 01:39 AM UTC
Cheers Garth, from a fellow CT-mate

yes, I tried another "ship" modelling site before but.... found the "experts" to be very condescending of the newbies to either modelling in general, or ship modelling. As a hobby-returnee, I find this site very, well, friendly and respectful! I do not hesitate posting questions or WIPs that would have gotten hammered in other places. Quiet at times, but a good quiet, quality over quantity! cheers
bmill25
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 26 posts
Model Shipwrights: 14 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 06:57 AM UTC
Be careful though, Garth. Some of those people from the other site you mentioned may be lurking in this one, too.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 07:58 AM UTC
Probably being the oldest member of the site...well maybe not really, but one of the "plank-holders" so to speak. I really haven't found a site I like better. I was here when we were meerly a forum on Armorama. Yes we are friendly helpful , kind (I have my 3 fingers up in the BoyScout sign) and we will remain that way as long as newbies come in and get that message and continue the tradition. I still visit the other site, I just don't get into discussions, merely ask questions. Yes some of those folks come over here and also contribute grreatly to our site, and on an occassion or two have tended to be a bit quarrelsome here, but by not enjoining them with an argument we have kept a peaceul atmosphere. Enjoy the friendship and comraderie. I talk with my non-modeling friends and point out I have friends all over the world because of ths. Rui in Portugal, Sean in New Zealand and even that old yankee Mark in Pennsylvainia. Of course all of us SEC folks are bonded like Gator and Dade. But it has been a real lifesaver for me all these years and I plan many many more.

Steve
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 08:48 AM UTC
Steve,

Well said.

TGarthConnelly
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 10:42 AM UTC
Well, ... to those? Brrrrrrrrrring it on ......

Quoted Text

Be careful though, Garth. Some of those people from the other site you mentioned may be lurking in this one, too.

TGarthConnelly
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 11:29 AM UTC
Well,

I just like it over here waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better .......

Better class of people and better behaved too.

Quoted Text

Probably being the oldest member of the site...well maybe not really, but one of the "plank-holders" so to speak. I really haven't found a site I like better. I was here when we were meerly a forum on Armorama. Yes we are friendly helpful , kind (I have my 3 fingers up in the BoyScout sign) and we will remain that way as long as newbies come in and get that message and continue the tradition. I still visit the other site, I just don't get into discussions, merely ask questions. Yes some of those folks come over here and also contribute grreatly to our site, and on an occassion or two have tended to be a bit quarrelsome here, but by not enjoining them with an argument we have kept a peaceul atmosphere. Enjoy the friendship and comraderie. I talk with my non-modeling friends and point out I have friends all over the world because of ths. Rui in Portugal, Sean in New Zealand and even that old yankee Mark in Pennsylvainia. Of course all of us SEC folks are bonded like Gator and Dade. But it has been a real lifesaver for me all these years and I plan many many more.

Steve

TGarthConnelly
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 12:19 PM UTC
Well,

That would be Bourbon and Coke, straight.

quote]Garth,

Well, I am glad that you have decided to hang your hat with us. I too tried a few other places, but for some reason it just never "clicked".

So, sit down and enjoy a cup of what ever you enjoy.

[/quote]
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 12:30 PM UTC
Garth,

Ahhh I see you have good taste in fine beverages as well. I mostly use pepsi, but coek works just as well.

CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 12:37 PM UTC
Having been a participant here for nearly a year, I can say the ambiance is more like a fellowship than a "club" with the connotations of outsiders and insiders.

MSW folks have kept in mind that we are engaged in a hobby, a pursuit exercised for the enjoyment (especially when projects go well ). There is no room for put-downs or cliques here. Also, there is a genuine spirit of cooperation and collaboration and I hope it will be maintained well into the future.

--Karl
TGarthConnelly
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 01:51 AM UTC
But of course ...

Hey, that stuff got me through 5 years of college........

Quoted Text

Garth,

Ahhh I see you have good taste in fine beverages as well. I mostly use pepsi, but coek works just as well.

TGarthConnelly
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 01:52 AM UTC
That's what I'm talking about here.

Quoted Text

Having been a participant here for nearly a year, I can say the ambiance is more like a fellowship than a "club" with the connotations of outsiders and insiders.

MSW folks have kept in mind that we are engaged in a hobby, a pursuit exercised for the enjoyment (especially when projects go well ). There is no room for put-downs or cliques here. Also, there is a genuine spirit of cooperation and collaboration and I hope it will be maintained well into the future.

--Karl

Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 10:35 PM UTC
It really warms my soul to hear these words, mates, the cardinal rule with us here has always been first and foremost, respect for our hobby, and our fellow hobbyists, from the very start...and it takes a special group of people to uphold the tradition, and I do hope that it will carry on through.

I have met some of the finest folks and friends through my times here at KitMaker, all gentlemen (and a few gentle-lasses as well!), all with the same thing in common, the love of the hobby....so with this said, welcome as always, my friend Mr. Connelly, and to all of our MSW shipmates!

~Gunny
TGarthConnelly
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2009 - 01:59 AM UTC
Thanks Gunny ........

Quoted Text

It really warms my soul to hear these words, mates, the cardinal rule with us here has always been first and foremost, respect for our hobby, and our fellow hobbyists, from the very start...and it takes a special group of people to uphold the tradition, and I do hope that it will carry on through.

I have met some of the finest folks and friends through my times here at KitMaker, all gentlemen (and a few gentle-lasses as well!), all with the same thing in common, the love of the hobby....so with this said, welcome as always, my friend Mr. Connelly, and to all of our MSW shipmates!

~Gunny

_GOTOTOP