_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
NEWS
Latest ROG 1/350th U-Boat
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 02:13 PM UTC
Ahoy Shipmates

Here is the details on the latest release from the folks at Revell of Germany.

If like me you really love U-Boats then take some time and check this out!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Sean
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Model Shipwrights: 409 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 05:03 AM UTC
I like the idea of using this kit in a surface engagement between U boat and Corvette. I heard one story where the Corvette crew had run out of ammo for their oerlikons and the Germans on the deck of the U boat were preparing their gun. The Corvette crew pelted them with empty coke bottles!....
A good freind of mine is the son of a bridge officer from the HMCS Snowberry ....Ill get this to make him a diorama..
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 07:36 AM UTC
Choices choices choices. We now have 3 of the basic Type VIIc's. Bronco, Flagman, and now Revell. I know someone also has a Type IXb out as well. I think it is AFV. I have the old Type XXI kit that AFV put out yaers ago and have really hoped for these to come out in 350. Oh yea they also have an S100 out so maybe we can get a kit form of an Elco and a Vosper to add to the boat section of our 350 scale offerings. It's great to be a collector and builder of 350 scale ships !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And to think 10 years ago all we had were the big 5 and variations that Tamiya put out.
 _GOTOTOP