_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Whose for a late war Fletcher?
ONSLOW
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 77 posts
Model Shipwrights: 73 posts
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2009 - 09:27 PM UTC
After the release of Dragon`s excellent Gearing,and Livermore kits.I hope that they get round to releasing a Square bridge Fletcher.There`s the old ,but reasonable Tamiya round bridge,and the awful Trumpy Sullivans kits available,but neither come anywhere near the quality of the latest Dragon kits.I think it would be a winner if they did.

Regards Phil
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 06:35 AM UTC
'Sure, but only after they produce a wartime Sumner class!

--Karl
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 07:35 AM UTC
Honestly there are so many ships, that haven't been done at all, or only in resin, in 1/350 that I'd rather they concentrate on those first before doing one that has already been done. DML has been doing pretty well by us 1/350 fans, I can only hope they continue. I have a feeling though you'll get your wish, a square bridged Fletcher, before I get mine, a Atlanta class CLAA.
ONSLOW
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 08:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Honestly there are so many ships, that haven't been done at all, or only in resin, in 1/350 that I'd rather they concentrate on those first before doing one that has already been done. DML has been doing pretty well by us 1/350 fans, I can only hope they continue. I have a feeling though you'll get your wish, a square bridged Fletcher, before I get mine, a Atlanta class CLAA.

Hi Rodger,
I`m pleased to hear that,but I`m with you about wanting an Atlanta class CLAA,they are my favourite US cruisers.

Regards Phil
ChrisCarter
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 17 posts
Model Shipwrights: 16 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 12:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

There`s the old ,but reasonable Tamiya round bridge,and the awful Trumpy Sullivans kit

Regards Phil

Christ!!!!!!!!!..get out the plasticard and scratchbuilt the corrections man!
ONSLOW
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 01:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

There`s the old ,but reasonable Tamiya round bridge,and the awful Trumpy Sullivans kit

Regards Phil

Christ!!!!!!!!!..get out the plasticard and scratchbuilt the corrections man!

I take great exception to this comment.How dare you imply that I cannot Scratch-build,I do this on a regular basis,as my features on this site speak for themselves,and I could quite easily convert an existing Fletcher kit to a late war one.

Phil

my latest Scratch-build.HMS Delhi 350th

ChrisCarter
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 02:45 AM UTC
Then why are you crying for a manufacturer to expend money and resources to produce a kit you boast you can build yourself!
ONSLOW
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 03:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Then why are you crying for a manufacturer to expend money and resources to produce a kit you boast you can build yourself!

I am not "crying out",as you put it ,for Dragon to do one,but there are people who haven`t the inclination to "scratch-build",and I thought that a Fletcher,(also a Sumner), from Dragon would make ideal companions to the Benson/Gearing kits they have already done.
For the life of me I cannot understand why you have such a bad attitude,after all this was only a suggestion-Lighten up man!!! ,it`s a hobby

Phil
ChrisCarter
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 03:39 AM UTC
It gets old listening to people whine about I want a "1/350 this" and I'd like see a "1/700 that"...the major manufacturers have been cranking out alot a new subjects but people still b..i..t..c..h about wanting more...just be happy with what we're getting!!!
ONSLOW
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 04:23 AM UTC
I`m Happy ,Are you?

Phil
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2009 - 06:30 AM UTC
Chris:

I doubt anyone around here has been "crying" for kits. We frequently run want list polls , The manufacturers do read these polls and frequently respond to them. I pinned for a 350 scale Littorio for years, got a Personal message from one of the Exec's at Trumpeter to inform me that they were in the process of making one. So posting a want/wish list has it's benefits. Yes, we are all thrilled to death at the great surge in 350 scale kits, but by putting further wants out to the manufacturers lets them know that they are doing the right thing by continuing to produce kits.

Oh yea and one thing we try to avoid on this web site is rude and ugly remarks. We all try to be friends here
JMartine
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,514 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 02:05 PM UTC
I share the feelings (Phil's not Chris's
Love the Fletchers, and do hope Dragon gives them their "Buchanan" treatment.
I can wait about 10 years based on the size of my stash
 _GOTOTOP