_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
What do you want for Christmas?
ajkochev
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 246 posts
Model Shipwrights: 221 posts
Posted: Friday, December 04, 2009 - 07:08 AM UTC
I didn't see a similar post so I thought I'd start one.

What do you want or will be getting for Christmas? Lets keep it to items that you can get and not something you wish a manufacturer would produce.

For me, I bought a Tamiya IJN Tama for myself due to circumstances that were beyond the wife get it. It was already opened, so I inspected it for damage. It is a very nice kit, but will still be wrapped and placed under the tree. A box from Pacific Front came in my wife's name yesterday so I'll still have a few surprises under the tree on Christmas day.
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Model Shipwrights: 985 posts
Posted: Friday, December 04, 2009 - 07:25 AM UTC
I am trying to convince myself that I cant live without a WMM 1:72 Falke ....
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Model Shipwrights: 34 posts
Posted: Friday, December 04, 2009 - 07:49 AM UTC
It would appear I'm getting something bicycle related since I was ordered to get rid of the bike catalogs when they came in.
I spent a good deal on figs at the Long Island show, so that's sort of my present to myself.
Among the treats:
54mm:

and 200 mm
discordian
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 239 posts
Model Shipwrights: 11 posts
Posted: Friday, December 04, 2009 - 08:08 AM UTC
Modeling related - an airbrush cleaning station.... and an iPhone 3G S upgrade to, uh, take photos and post my build progress here... yeah... that's why I need it.

I'll probably also be buying myself a 1:700 battleship and detail kit to add to the build queue... anyone have a reccomentation for model + PE detail set? WWII era. German, US, or Japanese.
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Friday, December 04, 2009 - 08:46 AM UTC
Well, since my wife and I already splurged on a joint gift I will not be getting much.

We got a 7 week old tri-color female Australian Sheppard.

CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Friday, December 04, 2009 - 08:57 AM UTC
Probably some more 1:350 stuff like the new Myoko. I already have another pair of Revell four stackers on the way for my ongoing series.

--Karl
Tailor
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,168 posts
Model Shipwrights: 676 posts
Posted: Friday, December 04, 2009 - 06:58 PM UTC
Hi, crew!
I am in the happy position to have my birthday and Christmas very close to each other so I dared to wish for something bigger this year as a combined present: a 1/350 Bouvet from YSM.
I can't believe I still want kits, even though there are 100+ hulls in my stash already.
I don't not know, if she will be under the tree, as I have accidentally spotted an unfamiliar shipping box in the cellar from a mail order tool company: Could this finally be my micro band-Saw? The world wonders (for 19 more days )
Cheers,
Guido
JMartine
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,514 posts
Posted: Monday, December 07, 2009 - 06:28 AM UTC
I usually use the Lucky Model Xmas sale and 20% coupon to put in a largish order that takes months to get here. Included a modern dragon 350 ship, the Revell "Waker" and couple old waterline series. I already had my "big" purchase for the year, the Mogami.

What I REALLY want is for my health issues to resolve so I can spend more (any) time at the bench
PunyViking
Visit this Community
Akershus, Norway
KitMaker: 94 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 04:12 AM UTC
I would like to get a airbrushstation with a good compressor, and a lot of inspiration to build more. I have a lot of kits and no will to live.. I mean no will to build, but thats almost the same anyway?! And i would like to get a workshop where I can work with messy things. My current workspace is also my "office", and dirt and computers don't match.

If you can supply me with one of these things for christmas, please feel free to send me a mail!
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 06:22 AM UTC
A 1/700 HMS Hood or Repulse would be nice.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 08:44 AM UTC
I want to win the lottery so i can marry Eleanor and move to a very big house in Charleston...there i can have a gigantic room to put all my 350 scale ships and tons more that will be coming out in the future

Realistically.....well I don't really want any model kits as I have pretty much all that i want nw.
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 09:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I want to win the lottery so i can marry Eleanor and move to a very big house in Charleston...there i can have a gigantic room to put all my 350 scale ships and tons more that will be coming out in the future

Realistically.....well I don't really want any model kits as I have pretty much all that i want nw.

I just knew that you were going to say a "National Championship."
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 08:53 AM UTC
Kenny:

I don
t think I'll have to "WISH" for that. Texas had better figure something out before Jan 7. It was nice to finally win a Heisman. too.
 _GOTOTOP