Topics on building dioramas are grouped here
Has anyone seen the diorama on ebay ?
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2010 - 01:07 AM UTC
US - NATO Base 1/700 DIORAMA with ships, subs, planes.
I see if I can post a photo or two.

Well I hope this doesn't get me into to much trouble posting this here, the model is for sale right now on ebay for just over £3000.00, the reason I decided to post, was looking at varied parts of this huge diorama, there are a lot of good building ideas that anyone could highjack, many if not all the buildings you can buy, the tall metal structures, no idea what they are or where you'd buy them from, the dry-dock -------- basically the list goes on.
If possible, and I know only to well how people are busy doing their own thing, but I would like your view on this diorama, although I would NEVER part with 3 grand plus for a plastic model, I still believe this is fantastic. What do you think, look forward to hearing from you.
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Model Shipwrights: 29 posts
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2010 - 05:22 AM UTC
I imagine something like this is funded by and built by a modelers club . I have seen model railroad layouts , huge and impressive, built by many talented members and not just one source of money. One single person would take years of relentless work to pull off anything like this. Definately beautiful work. I would like to see it in person......Al
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Model Shipwrights: 34 posts
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2010 - 07:29 AM UTC
The BIG question is...How is that going to be delivered?
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Model Shipwrights: 29 posts
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2010 - 07:39 AM UTC
My guess Al, is that we ask Brian if he has a model shrinker ,resizer, to go along with his recyleanator. The answer may be closer than we think..... ....Al V
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2010 - 07:47 AM UTC
pretty nifty. Those barracks sure are familiar. Looks just like th ones we used in Baumholder
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 04:24 AM UTC
I think this is a great looking diorama, which is why I originally posted it, after reading your advise and comments, maybe, just maybe if you were at it all day for 18 months, I believe a single person could have built this, if it was a group build, then either way, nothing really has been charged for labour as just over 3 grand for the amount of ships, buildings and so on hand painted, this is what has taken up the time.
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 04:53 AM UTC
It is a nice looking dio. There are some "problems", but I am not going to nit pick something that a good deal of people put so much time into.

Thanks for posting this one Alec!

_GOTOTOP