Topics on building dioramas are grouped here
where can I buy a freight train from ?
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2010 - 03:58 AM UTC
Hello there, while they come in both photoetch and resin, locomotives, freight trains with thier many carriages in 1-700 are like grabbing smoke, WEM use to sell them, now only the switcher (engine) and not carriage or flat beds.
Does anyone know where I can buy the carriages/freight train from ? Look forward to your reply.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2010 - 05:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello there, while they come in both photoetch and resin, locomotives, freight trains with thier many carriages in 1-700 are like grabbing smoke, WEM use to sell them, now only the switcher (engine) and not carriage or flat beds.
Does anyone know where I can buy the carriages/freight train from ? Look forward to your reply.

Definitely do, Mr. Cap!

Our mate Harry Abbott from Battlefleet Models has a few of them left...better snap 'em up, mate!

~Gunny
bigal07
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2010 - 06:04 AM UTC
Hello Gunny - I think your response should have been (are you sure ?) as I've just spent $50.00, all joking apart, thank you very much indeed, I've also added Battlefleet Models to my list of favorites.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2010 - 06:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello Gunny - I think your response should have been (are you sure ?) as I've just spent $50.00, all joking apart, thank you very much indeed, I've also added Battlefleet Models to my list of favorites.

I know, I know....us crazy modelers, eh?

You'll find alot at Harry's site, Al, all very unique subjects, and the quality, well, I personally can't say enough good about Harry's stuff...warm up your Paypal account mate!

Cheers,
~Gunny
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2010 - 09:33 PM UTC
curiousity only but any made in 350 scale?
treadhead1952
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 552 posts
Model Shipwrights: 493 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2010 - 11:34 AM UTC
Hi Alec,

You could try using larger scales and scratching up a ship and such. I turned to N Scale (1/160) model railroad equipment and scaling up a scratchbuild to fulfill my desire for such. Still working on it, probably will be for quite some time, but it does provide an outlet for such things. Not to mention, the railroad equipment actually runs on the tracks. Of course, making the rest of the gear work on the diorama is up to your imagination and creativity.
bigal07
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2010 - 08:22 PM UTC
Hi Jay, thank you for the advice, I have a train on its way from BFM, while scratch building opens up a whole new world, I'm okay with land and sea scapes, as for building a model, its another impossible dream of making my own photoetch. There are people that simply use a model as a base to build upon, at times I'm still struggling to put together a plastic kit, seriously though, I would love to know how to scratch 1-700 buildings, especially those on the box art of Fujimi's 1-700 dock.
Still, maybe one day Jay.
jabo6
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 276 posts
Model Shipwrights: 17 posts
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2010 - 06:53 AM UTC
Hi Alec,
Pit road/skywave make 1/7oo buildings and harbour stuff ,docks,cranes etc.you can get them from hobbylink japan dont know if wem carries them.
bigal07
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2010 - 08:06 AM UTC
Hi John - thanks for the tip, skywave/pitroad have some great products, and I can never understand why there's not more on sale, the D-Day landing was in opinion first class, and yet like glod dust.
bigal07
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 12:21 AM UTC
1-700 train 013
1-700 train 007
1-700 train 006
1-700 train 002
Hello there, thank you for the info which led to me buying this lot, here I have never attempted anything quite like it, still to work out straight line to slow curve, the train I have decided on will be, spare cars, box and simply sitting on their own, in train form, I have the following -----large box van, coal wagon, 50 foot flat car, 40 foot box car and steam loco, I am still waiting from WEM about other parts I ordered from them, so far only recieved a part order.
1-700 train 003
At the moment, I honestly must take a brake and design and built that cabinet, without it, there's no where to display my models, but the draw of building one more, just a lick of paint here just to see what it might look like is strong. I believe I have reached that bottle-neck in my building.
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 04:12 AM UTC
Very nice looking work Alec.
 _GOTOTOP