_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Totalnavy.com - don't buy from there!!
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,794 posts
Model Shipwrights: 47 posts
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 - 07:38 AM UTC
Hate to do this but got to warn others. I'm currently having a terrible experience with this place. Over a month ago I ordered two small brass pedestals for a current submarine project. About three weeks later, not having received anything (even though we were both in the US), I emailed them asking for a status on the order. They emailed back stating that they had sent the order three days prior to my email inquiring about the order. Once I was notified of this I thought good, it's on its way.

Now, another two weeks passed and, again, nothing, no package. Thinking something may have gone wrong with the post office I emailed them (totalnavy) again asking if they knew what may have happened with the shipment. I mean, I even went to my post office and inquired about it thinking the PO may have lost the shipment. The PO told me they never received such package for me. So, with this, I emailed totalnavy again and ask for a status on the order and also told them that the PO knows nothing about the package. Three days went by and no response. A bit fed up at this point due to the lack of response I emailed them again and ask, one more time, for a status of the order. I finally get an email back saying that they have finally found a box big enough to put the pedestal in and that they (he) "may" be able to ship it today.

I was shocked to say the least! They (he) blatantly lied to my face telling me the order shipped earlier. So, what does this tell me about them? It tells me that if I didn't continue to email them, they WOULD HAVE NEVER even bother to fulfill the order. If I didn't keep on asking, they would have let the whole thing drop, without me having my package. This is completely unacceptable and I will NEVER do business with them again!! I know they are just two pedestals but I couldn't believe the nerve of this guy plainly lying to my face. I'm just hoping this is resolved and I get my items or a refund.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant but I if you're thinking about dealing with this place be mindful that you may NOT get your order. If you've dealt with them before and got your order okay, well, I guess you were lucky!!

Rob
Hobbydave
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 5 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 05:54 AM UTC
It seems many modelers are having similar experiences with totalnavy.com. I purchased two sheets of decals only to receive a "total ' screw around! I think the Captain of ripoff deliberately screwed my address to pretend he had sent my decals and they got lost in the mail. I got him on the phone and corrected the wrong address only to be left waiting for another month to receive nothing. Obviously, I should of done my research before doing business with this huckster! I've corrected the matter just now by doing "charge back" through my credit card com. It was easy. Now does anybody know where I can purchase decal sheets for aircraft carrier airplanes in 1/700 or 1/350 for the Royal Navy and the U.S.S. Navy? Thanksyou for your time. Yours Hobbydave
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 09:22 AM UTC
Thanks for the warning. I was thinking about placing an order, but I guess i will seek other vendors
Grauwolf
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,485 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,157 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 09:39 AM UTC
Ahoy David,
I have purchased 1:700 scale decals for an upcoming Saratoga project from
Starfighter Decals by Mark's Models and Toys.

This fellow was a pleasure to deal with and had excellent service.

Here is the link:

[url http://www.starfighter-decals.com/ [/url]

Cheers,
Joe
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Model Shipwrights: 981 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 10:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I finally get an email back saying that they have finally found a box big enough to put the pedestal in and that they (he) "may" be able to ship it today.

My God, how big are these things?

The Internet Crime Complaint Center
sanfranfan
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 41 posts
Model Shipwrights: 36 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 11:40 AM UTC
Thanks for the heads-up. I was thinking about ordering a custom ship baseball cap from them but after reading of your experience I think I will save my money and aggravation.

bravozulu
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 124 posts
Model Shipwrights: 123 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 04:47 AM UTC
Wow, I was thinking of approaching THEM about carrying my line of DVDs...well, I think I will withdraw on that endeavour for sure. Thanks for the heads up.
LonCray
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 348 posts
Model Shipwrights: 33 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 02:33 AM UTC
I might be one of the lucky ones, but I got my entire order from them. Had to contact them about one item being incorrect, and it took awhile to get the correct item, but I don't plan to boycott them.
Hobbydave
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 06:24 AM UTC
Hi Joe; Thankyou for your excellent recommendation. I just finished ordering Starfighter Decals from Marks Models and Toys. I needed deals for the old Revell USS Franklin D. Roosevelt kit and the old Airfix HMS Victorious. I am now Working on the Amiot 143, the old Heller kit. This French bomber surely must of stuck fear in the hearts of German invaders in 1940! Belatedly Hobbydave
Hobbydave
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Friday, August 27, 2010 - 05:39 AM UTC
Thankyou again Joe; I've just received the starfighter decals from Marks Models and Toys in only nine days! These decals certainly look of excellent quality as well. Aeroscales forum has certainly been big benefit to me. Now back to painting my Amiot 143. Hobbydave
johnbrophy
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 02:15 AM UTC
I noted that you have negative and stupid statements about TotalNavy from 2010. Don't you think that it is bad advertising for you to pan a competitor? It does not show a good image of your company and will turn away customers. My background is sales and I served in the Navy. I will not buy from you until those four year old petty complaints are removed. I have bought two framed pictures, a hat, and two ship models from TotalNavy, always good service including call backs and emails. Please accept this a constructive criticism.

Jack Brophy
Gremlin56
KitMaker: 3,897 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,301 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 03:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I noted that you have negative and stupid statements about TotalNavy from 2010. Don't you think that it is bad advertising for you to pan a competitor? It does not show a good image of your company and will turn away customers. My background is sales and I served in the Navy. I will not buy from you until those four year old petty complaints are removed. I have bought two framed pictures, a hat, and two ship models from TotalNavy, always good service including call backs and emails. Please accept this a constructive criticism.

Jack Brophy

ubisuck
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 461 posts
Model Shipwrights: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 03:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I noted that you have negative and stupid statements about TotalNavy from 2010. Don't you think that it is bad advertising for you to pan a competitor? Please accept this a constructive criticism.

Jack Brophy

Jack, why did you wake up a thread that is from 2010, 4years old DEAD thread
TracyWhite
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 527 posts
Model Shipwrights: 464 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 07:33 AM UTC
The cynic in me says he's connected with them and is trying to do some damage control. If you google search "TotalNavy" today this thread is the 4th link in the results, which would give people an early warning:
https://www.google.com/webhp?btnG=+Google+it!+#q=TotalNavy
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,794 posts
Model Shipwrights: 47 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 07:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jack Brophy

Wow, forgot all about this. Thanks for the reminder. Tell you what, tell TotalNavy to send me my pedestals and, once I get them, I'll ask Jim to remove the thread. Fair enough? I'm just asking...since you seem so eager to stand up for them.

Rob
stufer
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 416 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 09:03 AM UTC
who is he buying from???& nice that he seems to have joined kitmaker to post this once to defend his favourite store,maybe whilst wearing his successfully purchased hat
kudos to you sir!
 _GOTOTOP