_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Identify Bismark Model Manufacturer
propboy44256
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
Model Shipwrights: 18 posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2003 - 12:06 AM UTC
Im trying to find the manufacturer of a Bismark model I did when I was a kid, about 20 years ago...Its a Bismark, about 26" long. It has a pull switch on the side, that when operated with 2 D batteries with smallmotor and gearbox. the metal prop turns and at the same time, all 4 big gun turrets rotate back and forth. I dont know what scale it is..

Ive carefully looked for markings on the ship, but cannot find any... Any help is appreciated

John
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2003 - 04:33 AM UTC
I'm pretty sure the model you mean is an old kit from Lindburgh, (sp). My friend had one 25 plus years ago and I had the Hood kit. It really was more toy than scale model but at that time it was the only game in town as far as the Hood was concerned.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2003 - 06:15 PM UTC
It sure sounds like the Linberg kit, I don't remember the Revell as having a motor in it, or if it did, all it did was run the props
propboy44256
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
Model Shipwrights: 18 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 12:52 AM UTC
Thanks, I think you may have got it right...I built it..very few pieces,,and played with it in the water as a toy...it was durable...and still remains in my Dads basement...Thanx for the post..

Quoted Text

I'm pretty sure the model you mean is an old kit from Lindburgh, (sp). My friend had one 25 plus years ago and I had the Hood kit. It really was more toy than scale model but at that time it was the only game in town as far as the Hood was concerned.

_GOTOTOP