_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
DRAGON 350TH CVL 22 INDEPENDENCE and DVD
bravozulu
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 124 posts
Model Shipwrights: 123 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 04:31 PM UTC
Just got my CVL 22 kit the other day. Its drop dead gorgeous....I thought the SHARNY was pretty, THIS kit is gorgeous, but I am a big USN nut. SBDs with bombs and fork drops, TBFs with bombay doors open, torpedos... deck tractors, jeeps, people. 20mm guns with barrels, shields, ammo drums, wheels, as separate pieces. Full hangar bay, an island that a watchmaker would admire. Not a quick build kit here.... its a winter project and not for the feint of heart builder.

And, I have the photo DVD for you too for that kit....Volume 60 USN Carriers has over 100 images of the CVLs along with the other fleet units, chock full of captioned closeup scans.
Order from FLOATING DRYDOCK, MIDTENN HOBBIES, or direct from Ray at [email protected] in Canada. Free shipping to USA.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 06:27 AM UTC
This one is on my list. So many kits so little money. I also am hankering for the Fuso and the Gambier Bay
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,624 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 10:05 AM UTC
That sounds exactly the same as my list Steve. But luckily I have enough money to order my sets tomorrow! Woohoo! Well, except for the Fuso for the moment.

Just have to find the cheapest one I can find.
 _GOTOTOP