_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
The Ultimate Art & Skill in Ship building
rea00cy
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 47 posts
Model Shipwrights: 44 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 04:33 AM UTC
Take a look at this build log, mates! You'll be stunned.

http://modelshipworld.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12582&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

To me SHE is NUMBER ONE!

Enjoy,

rea00cy
Gremlin56
KitMaker: 3,897 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,301 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 04:41 AM UTC
Rhymes with "clucking bell". Might as well take up knitting again after seeing this. He' s even put lighting in...........
That is indeed art and skill.
Julian
rea00cy
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 05:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

....... He' s even put lighting in...........
Julian

Didn't you realize that he is a SHE?
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 06:01 AM UTC
That is insane!

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 06:34 AM UTC
Jorge, you need to check out the work of some of our greats. Mardis Hall (GTB-red) who scratchbuilds modern US aircraft carriers. Or Kym Knight (RAB) who waterlines all his creations and puts them in his humongous Truk lagoon diorama and Dade Bell (karybdis) who is my mentor and Nick (Angry Dog) who's scatchbult CVN Enterprise hanger deck is so detailed. There are so many more whose work will just blow you away. Hey how about that guy in Japan whose 1/700 work and photography add new meaning to super skill

http://www.aeronautic.dk/Warships%201-700.htm
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 07:17 AM UTC
Amazing, way above my league.

Al
Gremlin56
KitMaker: 3,897 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,301 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 07:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

....... He' s even put lighting in...........
Julian

Didn't you realize that he is a SHE?

Guess I did miss that
potchip
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 85 posts
Model Shipwrights: 67 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 10:43 AM UTC
This sure is very very impressive, especially the sculpting work, definately solid art. And she builds pretty fast, too, it's only been 5 months!

Now if I can steal that gold colour..

Angeleyes
Visit this Community
Drama, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 154 posts
Model Shipwrights: 149 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 02:17 PM UTC
When you see the winner at Telford exhibition in figures what do you think ?A Master sculptor or a Master painter or both?
When you see that 1/72 all brass U-Boat what do you think? a Master craftsman or a crap painter?
I elaborate then a bit more.
I suspect she has clearly some sort of an academic background in -i would suspect- some arts trade (maybe sculptor amongst other).
So as impressive as this may be, still to me is just an exercise of technical skills of an advanced student modeler or graduate or even a working professional modeler used to work and combine different materials to achieve the target.Of course to be a good modeler of any kind some talent has to be present , and here is in abundance i would say. But in a model i look apart from technical perfection and innovation more importantly emotion and if possible life.While this particular ship modeling branch (sailing ships) does not offer many opportunities to the modeler for that(they have to be immaculate ) , her Titanic for example (a plastic 1/500 premium version) although technically again as good as it can get , i have to say does nothing to my emotions.For example for someone so good at handling paints i would expect her to paint that deck and not use the wooden replacement that is both out of scale (despite looking nice)and looks fake (that goes for all wooden replacement decks).But if you notice , someone suggested her to find out from plastic models modelers how they imitate wood surface on plastic.Still a few tricks she has to learn then.
So YES she is bloody good, but NOT a number one in my book just yet.There are many aspects in modeling, one has to master to become number ONE and I dont think there is a number ONE to the day yet.
Then again i just dont fancy clean ship models .
Not trying to be a killjoy , but i understand the overall enthusiasm considering the result at first sight but this leads often to overstatements.

Just a few Number ones i gathered to show different genres of modeling geniuses.

http://www.mywarez.ru/2007/07/06/kak_sdelat_model_samoleta_v_domashnikh_uslovijakh_72_foto.html#comment

http://photos.kitmaker.net/data/500/Me_3.jpg
Would you ever guess if you see her in the street that she is an advanced armor modeler?
A girl that she is into armor modeling and apparently member in our own network.And i hope still free.Her name is Jenny i think.

====http://www.modelclub.gr/forums/index.php/topic,9659.25.html====
A thread at my Greek modeling forum showcasing some of the BEST modeling i have ever witness from around the world (OK mostly armor dios ).Now that is humbling.
The pictures will do the talking .

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 06:36 PM UTC
SORRY kOSTAS, i FORGOT TO INCLUDE YOU ON MY LIST.....SO NOW YOU ARE THERE
surfsup
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,230 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,212 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 09:20 PM UTC
That is Freaky and absolutely insane. I might as well take up Knitting also.
Angeleyes
Visit this Community
Drama, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 154 posts
Model Shipwrights: 149 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 09:55 PM UTC
How could you Steve?
I feel better now, thanks.
DutchBird
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,144 posts
Model Shipwrights: 172 posts
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2011 - 01:17 AM UTC
Thanks for the links Kostas...

some of these dio's I had come across before, and I also think I have seen that Flanker before (or a similar one). Stunning examples indeed.

BTW - you Greeks have some very talented figure painters as well, apart from you as ship-modeller..

Harm
rea00cy
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 20, 2011 - 05:29 AM UTC
ve been following her build for months. And I tell you what: the more I read (and re-read) and see the more impressed for her work I am. It is simply too wonderful for not to have words of praise and admiration for this masterpiece and her creator.
Today I'm looking again at her work on the stern cabins. Have you taken a detailed look on what is inside? The detail level, the incredible miniature scale, the masterfully created paints and sculptures, the window panes, pieces of furnitures, THAT hour glass 2.5 mm in height!, the chess-game table.....It's stunning, jaw-dropping...
I cordially invite you to take a look at her work on these cabins:

http://modelshipworld.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12582&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=40

Enjoy!
 _GOTOTOP