_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling: Super-detailing
Topics on photo-etch, metal-parts, and all types of additional detailing.
1/350 crew figures
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Model Shipwrights: 833 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 08:51 AM UTC
I've tried a number of different types of figures; photo-etch are pretty dismal; Tamiya's are slightly less so although they have slightly more detail; Fujimi's are pretty good for the price but are a little stiff looking and not enough varied poses; l'Arsenal are excellent although a little pricey compared to the others and because of their fragility contain a few 'amputees'; and Dragon's, when included in the kit, are still better, although they are over-sized, measuring almost 7 scale feet tall, and because of this look like giants next to any of the other brand figures. If DML ever reads any of these comments ( ) it would be great if they were to expand their selection of poses, put about 20 of each on a sprue with a couple of hundred figures per box, and sell them as separate sets. You might end up with giants as crew, but at least they will be consistent.
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 09:20 AM UTC
I have some SWEET 1/350 figures to show everyone. They are from a new company and I am going to do an intro review on them. Should be ready next weekend.

Yes, Dragon's figures are too tall. But, to be honest I have not scaled their DKM figures, so I cannot tell you if they are too big or not.

sherb
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 752 posts
Model Shipwrights: 8 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 01:38 PM UTC
Goffy Models makes a few sets of 1/350 crew figures. Actually, I think the only difference between the sets is the color of the resin they are molded in.

Pretty cheap too, about $13 for 100 figures.

Bought a couple sets for my Nimitz project. Considering the scale, I was pleased with the detail and they are truly 3D. Once painted, they make for a pretty good representation. Lows were the little bit of flash (easily cleaned if you're careful) and the occasional amputee. However, I reglued the amputated arms to add to the variety of poses.

I'm interested to see what you've got coming Jim.
-Sherb
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2011 - 06:15 AM UTC
me too. I 've got tons of the fujimi ones as they included them in several kits I picked up. I would like to find some more modern ones or aircraft carrier types to put on my Nimitz and later on the Hornet.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Model Shipwrights: 833 posts
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2011 - 09:18 AM UTC
Yeah. It's the 6 figures with the Z39 kit. They all measure about 7 feet. Of course, they are Aryans so they're supposed to be tall!
 _GOTOTOP