_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Tamiya new 350 yamato is HERE!!!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 11:36 PM UTC
It showed up today. I got notification 3 days ago it shipped so super fast from Japan !!!!!

First look at box was a surprise. It sems they have the complete turret (all the stuff under the deck) which I guess is removable from the ship. Turret ring and all that
Opening the box was a shock though. The hull is in 5 pieces (2 if you go waterline) and is back to screw assembly.
I am looking to get some detail set that includes the wooden deck from Freetime hobbies when it becomes available to this will be a healthy investment for me. This is my favorite ship. I have built 2 so far. Box stock with just railings added and the conversion I did to the initial version....and I have another I didn't build but will now probably just give away.

Givin the fit of Tamiya I am sure this will be OK
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Model Shipwrights: 258 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 01:15 AM UTC
I have to give this one some thought,it really looks good and I would like to have it,but it would be more then I ever spent on a kit,plus I got Akagi,CVL-22,and Graf Spee in queue,so i'm not sure if I want to put out $300.00 for this one.I'm not disputing the price,just whether I should spend it.
 _GOTOTOP