_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Hasegawa Nagato 1/350
Removed by original poster on 12/23/13 - 19:31:57 (GMT).
GastonMarty
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 595 posts
Model Shipwrights: 14 posts
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 - 07:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

One large problem with this kit Gaston, the secondary armament casements are all the wrong shape. The Aoshima ones are correct. I am surprised you didn't pick that up...

Cheers
Warren

Are you speaking of the Fujimi Kongo secondary armament casemates? I don't know of much wrong with the Nagato...

I knew about the Fujimi Kongo casemates, since it is a well-known blunder, and that is one of the major reasons why I don't like the Fujimi Kongo. There are other more subjective things wrong with both maker's Kongos, since I don't like the overall appearance of either of them unfortunately...

This is very unusual, as I tend to like almost all of the recent 1/350 WWII Japanese ships releases since the 2000s, except for the new tool Tamiya Yamato and the Kongos (and even then, the new-tool Yamato does look impressive, and looks right from the front at least)...

The Fujimi carrier-version Ise looks nice but is rumoured to be a hard build with very confused instructions, the wrong kind of airplane (the major point of such a build), and there are serious gaps or interferences between some of the complex components like the catapults and surrounding structure...

Overall Japanese WWII warships are very well served in 1/350 and I don't mind it at all...

Gaston
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,624 posts
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 - 12:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

One large problem with this kit Gaston, the secondary armament casements are all the wrong shape. The Aoshima ones are correct. I am surprised you didn't pick that up...

Cheers
Warren

Are you speaking of the Fujimi Kongo secondary armament casemates? I don't know of much wrong with the Nagato...

I knew about the Fujimi Kongo casemates, since it is a well-known blunder, and that is one of the major reasons why I don't like the Fujimi Kongo. There are other more subjective things wrong with both maker's Kongos, since I don't like the overall appearance of either of them unfortunately...

This is very unusual, as I tend to like almost all of the recent 1/350 WWII Japanese ships releases since the 2000s, except for the new tool Tamiya Yamato and the Kongos (and even then, the new-tool Yamato does look impressive, and looks right from the front at least)...

The Fujimi carrier-version Ise looks nice but is rumoured to be a hard build with very confused instructions, the wrong kind of airplane (the major point of such a build), and there are serious gaps or interferences between some of the complex components like the catapults and surrounding structure...

Overall Japanese WWII warships are very well served in 1/350 and I don't mind it at all...

Gaston

Oops I got them mixed up.. (damn!)

I have many 1/350 IJN ships to build in the stash, but I am not sure I will ever get the time to build them all!

The Ise instructions look fine, same style as the Fuso and Yamashiro. But the instructions for the PE set, now that is another story..

_GOTOTOP