_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
REVIEW
Kagero 3D USS Arizona
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,624 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 06:37 PM UTC
Julian Sallows takes a look at Kagero''s USS Arizona in 3D!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
DanielMoscatelli
Visit this Community
Montevideo, Uruguay
KitMaker: 998 posts
Model Shipwrights: 941 posts
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2013 - 04:40 AM UTC
Excelent !!! Thanks Julian .
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2013 - 09:14 AM UTC
I think i like to hold at the theory that it was only partially painted in the blue...most of the hull,the lower main gun turrets and the raised platforms of the upper main gun turrets as well as most but not all of the lower superstructure and casement gun area. Me I'm gonna go with the dark grey scheme say Oct 1941 time frame

Book looks marvelous though adn useful for detailing some of the smller guns and the like.
TracyWhite
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 527 posts
Model Shipwrights: 464 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2013 - 04:31 PM UTC
For what it's worth, there's very little chance she was painted in Navy Blue at all - it was just too new of a color.

There are three main theories at this point.
1) Still in stock Measure 1 - 5-D Dark Gray up to the top of the stacks and 5-L Light Gray above that.
2) Some sort of Modified Measure 1 with the 5-D replaced with 5-S Sea Blue.
3) A hybrid "system" that blended the older Measure 2 graded style with some newer colors. This called for 5-D on the hull and the superstructure painted in 5-O or 5-S *as needed* (meaning that one turret or one deck level might be repainted and the rest of the superstructure could have still been Dark Gray).

Steve's approach is the safest for accuracy adherents as we know she was in Measure 1 up until late October at least.
Gremlin56
KitMaker: 3,897 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,301 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2013 - 06:20 PM UTC
Hi Tracy,
That should have been Sea Blue in the review and not Navy Blue, you are correct. I used Navy Blue on my build when I started and never corrected that error. It does illustrate my remark that any mention of colour scheme for the Arizona puts one in a potential mine field
Cheers,
Julian
 _GOTOTOP