_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
Arizona Paint Scheme Dec. 7th
Devildogsgt
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 02:54 AM UTC
I am a tread head building Revell's 1/426 Arizona and wondering what acrylics to use in order to paint the Blue/Grey and Light Grey scheme she was wearing on Dec. 7th. Can anyone help?

Devildogsgt
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 - 04:41 AM UTC
testors has what you are looking for. they have a light gray 5L an probably the blue color if you are so inclined. I went with teh dark gray myself as it is sill under debate whether or not she ws blue. Best i could find was most of hull was blue and the turret rings for the main guns
Devildogsgt
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2 posts
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013 - 01:32 AM UTC
Got it, thanks Steve. The evidence is leading towards the blue grey on the hull and lower structure with red tops on turrets 1, 2, and 4.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013 - 08:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Got it, thanks Steve. The evidence is leading towards the blue grey on the hull and lower structure with red tops on turrets 1, 2, and 4.

yea that is what i heard. I'm gonna go with Oct 1941 for mine when I get around to it (the Trumpy 1/200) Like the red on turret tops but as there is debate as to how much was blue grey I'm just gonna go all dark

But alook at what testors model masters has available pretty sure you are covered with the blue-grey in acryllics
 _GOTOTOP