_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
makers
johnmallam
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 98 posts
Model Shipwrights: 61 posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 - 08:15 AM UTC
hi everyone can you help as you might know i am a new modeller and up until now i have only brought tamya 1/350 models up until now i have got prince of wales.modern new jersey.ww2 missouri. new tooled yamoto.the mogami ans enterprise plus 15 boxes of aircraft plus p.e. for most and wooden decks and brass guns anyway i have seen what looks like a nice model its fujimi i.j.n battleship ISA aviation ship what i wanted to know is are fujimi models as good as tamiya or can you recommend what makers are good thanks for your time best wishes john
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Model Shipwrights: 151 posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 - 01:00 PM UTC
I can't comment on that specific kit, but the Fujimi and Aoshima kits I have built have been very good. Look at the reviews section and you can see a selection of Fujimi kits.
Gremlin56
KitMaker: 3,897 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,301 posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 - 05:42 PM UTC
I built the Fujimi Haruna a few years ago. Excellent model with few problems. Avoid Fujimi PE like the Bubonic plague though, their instructions suck
Julian
johnmallam
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 98 posts
Model Shipwrights: 61 posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 - 06:52 PM UTC
thanks for the advice if pos i will have a peek at the instructions before i buy at least i now know that the models are good best wishes john
Gremlin56
KitMaker: 3,897 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,301 posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 - 08:46 PM UTC
I was refering to the photo etch instruction sheet here John, the instructions fro the Haruna model were excellent. My blog is still on-line here: https://modelshipwrights.kitmaker.net/forums/162751&page=1. It will give you an idea of the detail Fujimi included.
Cheers,
Julian
 _GOTOTOP