_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
new 350 BB's coming out of China
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 - 07:21 PM UTC
Well Brandon from Free time Hobbies (Blue Ridge Models) made mention that there are 4 new 350 scale BB's in the works , of course he won't spill the beans. I am hoping the operative word NEW means never been done not another Bismarck/Tirpitz reboot. So just hoping here to see a cage mast US BB and a Nelson/Rodney, They haven't done any Japanese stuff but we are missing a Hiei and a Hyuga ( non-hybrid). Oh and for big carrier fans they are doing an angle deck Essex class in 350.
ejhammer
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 230 posts
Model Shipwrights: 136 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2013 - 01:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well Brandon from Free time Hobbies (Blue Ridge Models) made mention that there are 4 new 350 scale BB's in the works , - Oh and for big carrier fans they are doing an angle deck Essex class in 350.

Waiting, waiting, waiting.

EJ
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,624 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2013 - 03:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well Brandon from Free time Hobbies (Blue Ridge Models) made mention that there are 4 new 350 scale BB's in the works , of course he won't spill the beans. I am hoping the operative word NEW means never been done not another Bismarck/Tirpitz reboot. So just hoping here to see a cage mast US BB and a Nelson/Rodney, They haven't done any Japanese stuff but we are missing a Hiei and a Hyuga ( non-hybrid). Oh and for big carrier fans they are doing an angle deck Essex class in 350.

And I read somewhere that Gallery models is producing new 1/350 US Midway Class carriers..
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Model Shipwrights: 350 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2013 - 10:12 AM UTC
Yeah there's been a lot of talk about that Warren, but I haven't heard or seen anything solid yet.
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 07:39 AM UTC
Keepin' my fingers crossed for the American Big 5--you can get a LOT of mileage out of those designs.

--Karl
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 05:41 PM UTC
Basicallly the New Mexico, Tennessee and Colorado class used the same hull. The Colorado class mounteed 8 16"s instead of 12 14's like the others With some resin update/modification sets I could see me buying 3 cage masts and ocnverting one to the 30's modification of the New Mexico class the other to the triple 14's or dual 16's depending on which is made or even fnal config of teh TN or CA
 _GOTOTOP