_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Kit Instructions
bjo949
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 23 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 01:28 PM UTC
Hi Everybody,
I am new to model ship building and I would like to start with something relatively small. I have a kit of IJN Transport No. 101 Class from Pit-Road with some basic PE fret. Unfortunately, this kit was bought in Japan and instructions are in Japanese only.
Does anyone have instructions for this kit in English and is willing to share them with me? If you do, let me know and I will post my private email address here. Thanks in advance, bob
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,624 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 08:52 PM UTC
Welcome to MSW Bob.

The normal place I go for instructions for kits has the instructions but they are in Japanese. I have a feeling that that kit will only have instructions in Japanese.

What information where you after in English?

Cheers
Warren
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 04:51 AM UTC
generally u just look at the pictures/diagrams to build most early Japanese kits. Lately a few of them may offer an english sheet to supplement, but Tamiya is teh only one who has an additional english directons book. Juast loeked at an Aoshima and Fujimi kit....lol
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,624 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 07:30 AM UTC
The last Aoshima ship I built had English in the instructions so they are learning..
md72
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
Model Shipwrights: 248 posts
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 - 05:36 PM UTC
OK, maybe we've sorted Japanese kit instructions. I've got a question on American kit instructions. I just managed to come up with a Revell 1/196 USS Constitution. The instructions have a 1987 copyright date (I was sure the kit was much older) but they completely lack color call outs. I also scored the Cutty Sark with a similar instruction sheet, but was able to find an RoG instruction sheet online with the color call outs (in German . No such luck on the Constitution.

Before I deal with Revell's Customer Service, are there any other sources for the color call outs?
 _GOTOTOP