_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
Trumpeter HMS warspite - aftermarket parts
Lionfish
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 35 posts
Model Shipwrights: 31 posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 - 02:11 PM UTC
i have just bought the 1/350 Trumpeter HMS warspite - i preferred some of the detail over the Academy version, However i still think after looking at the kit that some extra detailing will be required. I have had a look around the net and i cannot see many aftermarket sets (etch etc ) for the trumpeter version? do the ones for the academy fit the trumpeter one - past experience tell em that most parts will not...

if anyone could let me know of a good set of etch for the trumpy warspite it would be greatly appreciated!!

AM
Lionfish
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 - 10:33 PM UTC
just an add-on...

would the set for the Queen Elizabeth fit the Warspite . .. i am short on reference for the the variations between the two but i mostly want the crane, railings, mast platforms (not the right name) and some of the more obvious details..
RedDuster
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7,078 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6,649 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 02:03 AM UTC
Hi Alastair,

I have the WEM set which is basically designed for the academy kit. A lot of the detail, cranes, mast platforms, detail for the light AA etc will be fine, the railings will probably need a tweek. The QE had been more radically modified, all the casemated guns were removed, so the maindeck shape around the fo'c's'le is completely different.

Good luck with your build

Si
RedDuster
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7,078 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6,649 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 02:38 AM UTC
Hi Alastair,

Update to my last, if you are in no rush with this build, Pontos have plans to do a full upgrade set for this kit, possible release next year.

Might be worth keeping an eye on their website,

Si
Lionfish
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 09:38 AM UTC
Thanks for the reply Si... i am in no rush as i have to finish my tirpitz yet and then i want to do the Z31 destroyer that i have. I will keep an eye on the pontos website....

thanks for the info on the differences i looked at a lot of info on the two ships but i wasn't 100% sure so i will benefit from your knowledge on that.
 _GOTOTOP