_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Support vessels
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,495 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 04:10 AM UTC
Having read the thread about the RFA Gold Rover I wondered if anyone knows if auxilliary vessels such as tankers are available in injection kits. I would love to do a dio of a carrier refueling.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 09:00 AM UTC
Years ago I believe it was revell that had an Attack Cargo ship and Seaplane Tender kits out. You might find them on ebay or one of those kit collecting places
jepot
Visit this Community
Drenthe, Netherlands
KitMaker: 37 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2004 - 12:00 AM UTC
Im kinda new here, and the topic of support vessels caught my eye; i build ( or try to build) 1/700 ships; in terms of support vessels, do you know of any kit in 1/700 scale of the WHEC /AVP? I believe it could be classified under this group for it was originally a small seaplane tender back in WW2. Thanks, Happy New Year!
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,495 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2004 - 01:26 AM UTC
I've been looking for anything in 1/700 scale that could be modified to be a WW2 support vessel and found this kit by Hasegawa.

I'm sure that it could be used to depict some type of generic auxilliary vessel.
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2004 - 02:26 AM UTC
Yes this drawing of the Hasegawa ship you posted is a ex liner they modified as a submarine depoe ship. So yes it is a support ship! I forgot all about this one, I built it about 5 years ago. Very nice kit to by the way !

HTH,
Garry
 _GOTOTOP