_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
USS NEVADA PEARL HARBOR
Scouteyes
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 247 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 04:34 AM UTC
Hello, I am a modeler (mostly armor and figures, but have ships on the bench) and an artist, who was recently asked to paint a depiction of the USS Nevada under attack at Pearl Harbor.Photo-editing isn't going to work with the pics I have. The main issue is the reworked towers/ stacks.It seems that good reference photos of the Nevada under way are either pre or post pearl harbor. Does anyone know of some good reference photos of the Pearl Harbor era stacks? Even better, has anyone built a model of the Nevada with the correct towers? Pictures of that would probably be best.
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 04:47 AM UTC
Hi Steven and welcome to the wet side of things, I don't know the Nevada but THIS site may help, great source of photos for most USN ships and some others.
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 11:41 PM UTC
Hello Steven!

What specifically do you need about the Nevada's masts and her single funnel?

In addition to images of her at Pearl Harbor that can be found on the 'net, there are useful photos in the books "East Wind Rain", and the "Pearl Harbor: the Way It Was In Pictures" by Goldstein.

--Karl
Scouteyes
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 247 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3 posts
Posted: Monday, March 02, 2015 - 05:50 AM UTC
Hello Karl, and thanks for the information. I like some of the pre-war pics, but when I try to cut and paste the newer towers on them from available later pics, the angles don't match up. I think the best thing is if I could get photos from a built-up model. That way, I could make an image that would be unique.
 _GOTOTOP