_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Trumpeter 1/350 HMS Rodney?
warshipbuild
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 222 posts
Model Shipwrights: 207 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 03:29 AM UTC
Anyone any further news of Trumpeter's 1/350 Rodney?

I thought that convincing noises had been made to the effect that it would be released during August, but we are now approaching the end of the 1st week in September and it seems to have fallen off the new release radar like their 1/200 Hood kit.
Aurora-7
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 1,020 posts
Model Shipwrights: 630 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 03:50 AM UTC
Nothing official from Trumpeter. I'm asking some vendors if they've heard anything.
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,159 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,400 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 03:58 AM UTC
Have not heard anything myself...guessing this is another ghost chase like the Ark Royal!
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Model Shipwrights: 22 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 11:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Have not heard anything myself...guessing this is another ghost chase like the Ark Royal!

has anyone been able to contact trumpeter directly regarding these two ships?
Aurora-7
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 1,020 posts
Model Shipwrights: 630 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 11:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

has anyone been able to contact trumpeter directly regarding these two ships?

As of yet, I have not received any response.
warshipbuild
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 02:28 AM UTC
I am led to understand that the Ark is due sometime during 2016 but know nothing more than that.
As for Rodney/Nelson in 1/350, it seems to have gone very quiet.
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 04:06 AM UTC
I am surmising things have "gone very quite" regarding the 1/350 Nelson/Rodney is because they were never actually there. Trumpeter does not have an listing or projections of the kit...anywhere.

As for the Ark Royal...Highly doubt it! It did not come about when you brought it up in 2013 - https://modelshipwrights.kitmaker.net/forums/202281#1694261 and again a few months ago - https://modelshipwrights.kitmaker.net/forums/235900#1989437 I would be extremely surprised to see it show up in 2016...and if it does, it will be released through the manufacturer first.

Boystown Military Miniature...aka - BMM...aka Classic Warfare seems to enjoy the modelling form of phishing. I strongly suggest anyone looking to do business with them to proceed with the utmost caution. There are countless online testimonials ...many of them here on MSW, supporting the elicit acts of taking payment in "pre-order" status only to never see the money or the kits.

One final note. The Facebook pages for pretty much all of the Chinese based companies...including the "Fan Pages" are run not by these companies but by separate parties. While the interest of the companies, more often than not, are projections by the page managers, the company has nothing to do with them. Announcements are shared to facebook from the manufacturer's site. Unless the product announcement is actually on the manufacturer's website, the product announcement cannot be considered accurate.
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 04:22 AM UTC
I think the only reason there is thought of an Ark Royal is down to the fact that there catalogue lists Skua and Swordfish aircraft however if you think of the Re.2000 that was listed a few years ago it took two years before they came out.

We can only hope that an Ark Royal and Rodney/Nelson will be released but as no dates have ever been announced lets just wait and wish.
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 04:38 AM UTC
I understand the desire for the kit Luciano. Just one of those high demand items that ended up in a big gap.

I hate to sound irritated about this, but all of these posts stem from the same site for many years now. On countless forums with even more countless discussions about the same thing...all with the same result; Nothing! Trying to get companies to make kits based on pre-orders of kits that don't even exist or drum up income from it is unethical at best.

The Ark and the Rodney are at the top of many modellers lists but until one of the "Actual" manufacturers announce something I would not expect to see them unfortunately!
warshipbuild
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 02:11 AM UTC
One U.S-based online hobby retailer has Rodney listed for pre-order.

http://freetimehobbies.com/1-350-trumpeter-hms-rodney-british-battleship-1944/

Both Nelson & Rodney in 1/350 have indeed been listed in Trumpeter's own 2015-2016 catalogue.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234973381-trumpeter-catalogue-2015-2016/

As for the Ark, I concur with your views about Boystown/Classic/whatever, but when a kit appears in the manufacturer's own brochure you have to have a little faith.

I know! I know! We're still waiting for the Trumpeter 1/200 Hood!
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 03:02 AM UTC
I understand where you are coming from Dave with the anticipation of any of these kit...more specifically the Ark. But the manufacturer would make certainly make the announcement 1st. You yourself posted two times prior since 2013 about the Ark and has not materialized....yet, BMM/Classic Warfare still has it listed with their own version of box art and will take pre-orders without having any concrete proof the kit will be made.

As for the Rodney...He's the thing...you are posting a so called announcement another forum had made in December of 2014. Not only has nothing materialized, this is exactly what I posted above about Facebook. The link on the other forum is a link to the Trumpeter Facebook "Fan Page". This is not Trumpeter but a site run for the promotion of their kits. The post in question, which has been removed from what I can tell, had the exact same photo...black and white non-standard boxart for the 1/350 scale Rodney that the fine folks over at Freetime have up on their page...which does not have a listing, arrival date or price.

The original post was something someone made up and posted to the fan page and was not from Trumpeter or the fan page but some individual who posted it there; very similar to the recent false sighting of the Ark Royal that was posted a few months back "This is the thing"...when a photo-shopped ad or picture supposedly from a manufacturer is posted on Facebook, 99.9% of the time, it is fake. This is why checking with the manufacturer is so important.
warshipbuild
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2015 - 06:11 PM UTC
Well, it seems the Ark is REAL after all!

55th All Japan Hobby show.

Scroll down for photos-

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4065391124?share=9105&fr=share

TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 09:13 AM UTC
It would certainly appear that way Dave. Hope so for the sake of the amount of wanting fans it will come about. Although the model looks to be a test prototype not much farther along than the previous posting from earlier this year as well as a couple years ago. The kit seems to be listed as "Trumpeter Satellite" on the page you posted the link. I checked with trumpeter, obviously nothing listed on their site. Hobby Link Japan has the show listed, but nothing from what Trumpeter listed. Hobby Search shows the exact same two pictures form the other source but no information.

For the fans I will certainly cross my fingers. Until it is listed from Trumpeter, I guess we will wait patiently...still.
JJ1973
Visit this Community
Niedersachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,835 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,832 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 08:52 PM UTC
Well, Todd, I'm almost afraid that you're right... I still don't give up hope and keep waiting (not so) patiently - for a RN Flat Deck or Nelson / Rodney in 1/350 - all of those would hurt my budget, but I would not hesitate...
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 09:10 PM UTC
LOL..Definitely a wallet hurting situation Jan!! I truly hope they would come out with these. Seeing the amount of folks interested in the particular models makes me wonder why they are not here yet! Seeing the Ark and other prototypes mixed in with announced releases is a sign of hope....I hope!
warshipbuild
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 12:02 AM UTC
I wonder if the term 'Trumpeter Satelite' refers to Merit?

Merit seems to be moulded by Trumpeter, whom I understand to be a vast injection moulding company, rather than a single product kit maker. If my memory serves me correctly, Trumpeter makes all kinds of plastic products for pretty much every market under the sun, from plastic dustbins, to car parts.

Model kits are only a peripheral part of their overall business.

So, given that brands such as Gallery & Merit are actually Trumpeter products, it could be that this is what the term satellite refers to.

The latest US 1/350 Carriers seem to be branded under the Merit label, so perhaps the Ark will be too?

Interesting times.
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 12:26 AM UTC
You may be onto something there Dave. There has been a tremendous amount of traffic in the carrier realm as of late! I would not throw out the possibility that Merit snags the opportunity.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 03:04 PM UTC
I believe in a release for the Rodney/Nelson I think those are real. Remembering how it went with the Texas. The New York came out and it was many many months before the Texas appeared,,and it just dropped out of the sky with no fanfare.

Now as for me i am holding on to hope that they will pantagraph their 1/700 kits into 1/350 of the Maryland and Baltimore
JJ1973
Visit this Community
Niedersachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,835 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,832 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 11:00 PM UTC
I'm just sitting and watching and waiting...I can live with a sudden release and if the kits just drop from the sky, that's fine with me, too. Not even a fanfare required, as long as they drop right on my lap...

Cheers,
Jan
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, February 05, 2018 - 01:25 PM UTC
Here it is Feb 2018. Well you guys got your Ark Royal....but the Nelson/Rodney....kinda slipped into the depths. They punched out a 200 scale version ( why is beyond me) but still no 350. Still to wrapped up in German stuff...lol have a couple German "fantasy" carriers...but no Nelson/Rodney or Baltimore class cruiser
warshipbuild
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, February 05, 2018 - 05:44 PM UTC
Aye, and no Exeter or York yet either.

My guess is that sales forecasts indicated a lack of demand thus far.
Meanwhile, we've had a whole host of Italian cruisers and US Carriers/cruisers, albeit under the HobbyBoss/Merit labels.

EDIT: Hang on!
It seems that HMS EXETER has made it to the actual boxart stage -

There's still time though.
I managed to hook a 1/350 Ark Royal the other week for the princely sum of £87GBP from a German seller, so I've plenty to go at!

Chins up! They'll come, they'll come!
RussellE
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 3,959 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,777 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 07:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Here it is Feb 2018. Well you guys got your Ark Royal....but the Nelson/Rodney....kinda slipped into the depths. They punched out a 200 scale version ( why is beyond me) but still no 350. Still to wrapped up in German stuff...lol have a couple German "fantasy" carriers...but no Nelson/Rodney or Baltimore class cruiser

It'll happen one day I'm sure... Trumpeter probably don't want the 1/350 version to scavenge sales from their 1/200 kit.

In the meantime, there's plenty in my stash to keep my occupied

On a side note, there are rumours that Trumpeter will release a 1/200 Titanic! Now that's a behemoth of a kit!
 _GOTOTOP