_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
I think we've been insulted
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 04:18 AM UTC
Folks our own beloved Treadhead, he of the imfamous Warships for Dummies thread, posted this line in a thread on the introductions forum. "And pay attention to only half of what the 'floaty' guys say as well!" About what I would expect from a "jarhead." What do you think, should we hang him from the highest yardarm? Or just force him to watch re-runs of McHale's Navy until he sees the error of his ways?
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 04:32 AM UTC
We need more Tread threads ! Lets force him back here to ask more good questions on his Warships for dummies thread ! That will teach him to have more faith in us old salty dogs !

Cheers,
Salty the dog Garry
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,495 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 04:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

"And pay attention to only half of what the 'floaty' guys say as well!"

He's probably right #:-) Warship building is more of an art than simply glueing bits of plastic tanks together, all those mistakes hidden under weathering and mud. #:-) #:-)
warlock0322
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 05:56 AM UTC
I too am a former "Jarhead", but I hold the Navy in the highest regards. I mean they give us a ride everywhere we need to go. #:-) So I have not / nor will I ever have a bad word to say about the brave men on those Beautiful Ships.
I say the next time he need to go somewhere we let him swim to get there, but the McHales Navy Idea maybe a better Idea #:-)

Paul
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 09:02 AM UTC
Yeah Paul, until you guys can walk on water, which I'm sure you're working on, you'll need the "swabbies" to take you places.

Semper Fi

Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Model Shipwrights: 67 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 10:53 AM UTC
I enjoy building the occasional ship model. I do like to build amphibious tanks as well.
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,055 posts
Model Shipwrights: 30 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 11:58 AM UTC
Hey, I mainly build armor and planes, but I have a lot of ships ready to be built. (Oh, and don't worry, I plan to go into the Navy.......all that power with the single push of a button..... #:-) )
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Model Shipwrights: 453 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 02:11 PM UTC

LOL...Lol, ...lol....you guys better cut it out, I'm beginning to like ya' all too much!

Ya know, it's funny how karmic energy works. When I typed that phrase out in the post I thought of you guys over here in the 'Warships Forums' and thought there would be some repercussions.
But, not to worry. I couldn't very well just single out the 'wingy' guys could I? Then I'd have Merlin or Zoomie or somebody jumping on me too! Besides, I thought I could 'sneak' that one in, but apparently you can't get anything past HalfYank!

Now....McHale's Navy huh? That could very well qualify as torture. Instead, (just to show your compassion), how about 'Voyage to the bottom of the Sea'? Now that I could stand! Especially if you include the episodes that featured the 'Flying' Sub!

Tread.
MajorNumpty
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 60 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 02:39 PM UTC
What's a 'ship'? Those are the big gray things that float in the water, right? Since when did they start making models of these? #:-)
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 02:50 PM UTC

................right after they gave 'swabbies' slide rules.

Tread. #:-)

....hehehehe.
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 03:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

What's a 'ship'? Those are the big gray things that float in the water, right? Since when did they start making models of these? #:-)

Nope, those grey things are downed airplanes. The ships are the ones with the smoking barrels! A manly model !

Rar D Rar!
Garry
warlock0322
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 06:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yeah Paul, until you guys can walk on water, which I'm sure you're working on, you'll need the "swabbies" to take you places.

Semper Fi

Your right about the walking on water thing Rodger. We been trying to do that for for the last 225 years but we just can't get our boots to stop taking on too much water to do it....... yet. #:-)

Paul
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 05:11 AM UTC
I am a certified treadhead. Make no mistake there is a considerabe rush whe you pop that main gu, but think of the bigger rush if you were on one of those Iowas popping those 16" monsters. YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,290 posts
Model Shipwrights: 58 posts
Posted: Monday, January 26, 2004 - 06:21 AM UTC
Hey Treadhead!!!! Thanks for taking the heat Somehow they missed my comment about "squids"
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 01:46 AM UTC
Building my first model 'USS Fletcher' long years ago,I have roots from ship modelling. It is always fun to build ships and it is big part of modelling. After I started building dioramas, I built a PBR and a zodiac boat..
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 01:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

".....Hey Treadhead!!!! Thanks for taking the heat Somehow they missed my comment about "squids" ...."

LOL...no worries Ranger! Just happy to be your 'applique' armour! #:-) #:-)

Tread.
 _GOTOTOP