_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
1/350 Fujimi IJN Fuso
rolltide31
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,481 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,332 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 09:54 AM UTC
Hi all,

Well since the shipyard is currently in the process of moving to the Pacific I have limited capability. I was able to ship a few critical items and a couple of kits via priority mail and since my family will not join me for another two months I will have plenty of time to work on a couple of projects.

One of those projects will be the 1/350 Fujimi IJN Fuso Premium Kit.

The Premium kit comes with some PE. Not as much as I would have thought but it is a beginning. I will probably get a hold of the Flyhawk set to compliment what is already in the kit.

The other disappointment is that the Premium kit does not come with a wooden deck. So for those who are contemplating purchasing any of the Premium kits I would recommend against it. The additional cost spent would be better served towards either a Pontos kit or a Flyhawk set. Just my .02.

Well that is the beginning. A history of the ship will follow. I also need to procure some plastic cement prior to getting started.

Thanks for stopping in.

Dave
JJ1973
Visit this Community
Niedersachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,835 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,832 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 10:59 PM UTC
Hi Dave,

great to see that you made it over to Hawaii all right - that you've closed your curtains behind the Fuso's box is just to protect us from views that otherwise would break us here in cold-dark-grey-not really spring yet, I presume?!?

That looks like a quite ambitious project for just an 'interim' while you are waiting for your shipyard to be delivered... But a great subject nonetheless

I am certainly in and will be watching!!

Cheers,
Jan
rolltide31
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,481 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,332 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 11:42 PM UTC
Jan,

I was tryi,g to capture light for a decent pic verse showing off the beauty of the islands but I'll rectify the lack of a good background on future pics.

Your right about it being ambitious for a temporary shipyard but I figured I could begin attacking the small monotonous things early, especially those that won't need painting early in the build. We will see how it goes. I have the Yorktown with me too so that will also get some love.

Dave
RedDuster
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7,078 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6,649 posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2016 - 01:23 AM UTC
Nice choice Dave,

I will be watching this with much interest.

Cheers

Si
Logan
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 523 posts
Model Shipwrights: 26 posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2016 - 03:45 AM UTC
HI

Have to admit I thought this to be the ugliest ship ever built. But, I have to admit that for some reason it has been growing on me of late. I too will be following this.

Tom
GrantGoodale
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 99 posts
Model Shipwrights: 99 posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2016 - 05:31 AM UTC
It draws you to it because it is so ugly, like the Nagato. That would be reason enough for me.
Cosimodo
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,808 posts
Model Shipwrights: 871 posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2016 - 02:35 PM UTC
You have to admire the Japanese ship builders for their unique style, tall pagodas and big guns everywhere. I am interested to see how this develops Dave so good luck in the temporary shipyard.

cheers
Michael
 _GOTOTOP