_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Battleship Yamoto finely completed !
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2004 - 02:32 PM UTC
Just posted a photo of my IJN Yamoto in my Gallery's, Please have a look and feel free to comment on my building techniques. Dont be to hard on me though, this was a mamoth build!

TIA,
Garry
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Model Shipwrights: 453 posts
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2004 - 03:58 PM UTC
Howdy Garry,

I did ya the favour of dragging a pic of your Yamato over onto the thread.

In my opinion it looks pretty good. The paint scheme is a little simplistic, and I can't really tell if you drilled out the main gun barrels or not. Overall I think it could do with a little bit more of a dull overspray just to tone down the glare a bit.
Oh, and I don't remember the Yamato having that big gaping hole smack dab in the middle of her deck either. One more thing, I think the portholes are a tad out of scale as well. And if I didn't know any better, I'd swear those anchors are painted on!

Tread.

LOL..LoL...lol...sorry Garry. Couldn't resist mate! Actually there are only two pics I could find of your Yamato, and they are both taken from a bit too far away. From what I can see it looks dandy. Do you plan to post any more pics?
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Model Shipwrights: 453 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 10:34 AM UTC

WHAT........you're not going to yell at me?

One last question on your Yamato Garry...would that be considered "box scale"? :-)
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 10:43 AM UTC
LOL! Guy's , I know this is a OT post, but I had to give you'all a chuckle !
And yes Tread that is a box scale! he he. My Tamiya 1/350 Yamoto is about completed. All thats left is to add the pe railing. then I can take some pic's of her.

Garry
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 03:49 PM UTC
I must have built that kit 20 years ago. It was my first 350 scale...still holds up well to the last one I built...the mighty MO. Went back and added some PE rail to her a few months ago just to keep her up with all the recent arrivals into my growing 350 scale collection
 _GOTOTOP