_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Trumpeter 1/350 USS Alabama with Extras
RussellE
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 3,959 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,777 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 01:25 AM UTC
Another great commission Warren!

Given how many ships you've completed lately, I can understand there's no great need to start another yet.

Another house move? Goodness-you're not planning on moving everytime you need a break from the bench are you?
JJ1973
Visit this Community
Niedersachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,835 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,832 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 10:17 AM UTC
WOW - Warren, missed your commissioning entirely last Friday - great work, and light speed build!!

Touch ups required or not, your Alabama looks excellent, another great build!
(And just amazing, the combustion technique you invented for the boilers - spotless clean funnel - sorry, could not resist, after you commented on it yourself...)

Great work!!

Russ, don't you think Warren is moving every time he runs out of display room for his models??

Quoted Text

Given how many ships you've completed lately, I can understand there's no great need to start another yet.

Another house move? Goodness-you're not planning on moving everytime you need a break from the bench are you?

Take your time, Warren, and whenever the bench is calling you again, I will follow your build log!

Cheers,
Jan
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,624 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 10:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yeah yeah.. rub it in.. this will be the last time for quite a while hopefully (famous last words)..
warreni
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 11:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

WOW - Warren, missed your commissioning entirely last Friday - great work, and light speed build!!

Touch ups required or not, your Alabama looks excellent, another great build!
(And just amazing, the combustion technique you invented for the boilers - spotless clean funnel - sorry, could not resist, after you commented on it yourself...)

Great work!!

Russ, don't you think Warren is moving every time he runs out of display room for his models??

Quoted Text

Take your time, Warren, and whenever the bench is calling you again, I will follow your build log!

Cheers,
Jan

Everyone is a comedian..

I am taking my time and finding out if and when we are moving. Too many to move now..

Thanks Jan.
Blespooky
Visit this Community
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
KitMaker: 277 posts
Model Shipwrights: 171 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 12:50 PM UTC
A more optimistic theory: Warren does not move houses in order to avoid the bench, instead the new houses allow him to return to the bench with renewed motivation and zeal as he has more space to fill. The issue is that he builds capital ships in the time it takes most of us to read the instructions of our ships.

This results in high house moving frequency.

Warren, may I suggest a house for your ships, it will help avoid the next move.

By the way, The Alabama came out great. I like the idea of leaving some brass as a reminder.

Bryan
warreni
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 03:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

A more optimistic theory: Warren does not move houses in order to avoid the bench, instead the new houses allow him to return to the bench with renewed motivation and zeal as he has more space to fill. The issue is that he builds capital ships in the time it takes most of us to read the instructions of our ships.

This results in high house moving frequency.

Warren, may I suggest a house for your ships, it will help avoid the next move.

By the way, The Alabama came out great. I like the idea of leaving some brass as a reminder.

Bryan

Thanks Bryan.

Your theory is far more accurate. But this time I am making sure I have more than enough room for my fleet. I had to leave my first fleet in a museum in Qld so I am looking forward to building mine up here. Maybe I will go and see the SA Maritime museum and see if they want some extra exhibits..

Cheers
Warren

PS Not sure what to build yet.
RussellE
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 3,959 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,777 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 04:33 PM UTC
maybe buy two houses side by side Warren? One for you and Mrs Inman, and the other for your fleet
 _GOTOTOP