_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling: Super-detailing
Topics on photo-etch, metal-parts, and all types of additional detailing.
Newbie Looking for some Help
Black3Actual
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 16 posts
Model Shipwrights: 9 posts
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2017 - 03:30 AM UTC
OK, so some of you guys helped me out with my questions about using wooden decks. Now I have a few more and I hope someone can help me with these questions.

First, is the Aoshima 1/350 Atago '44 the same kit as the Takao '44? Or did Aoshima actually pay attention to the differences between these two ships?

Second -- and I know this is a matter of opinion -- but which is considered the better replacement line for the various details on the Japanese ships: Alliance or Veteran?

Thanks in advance
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 04:26 AM UTC
I honestly do not know the answers. I would speculate based on past experience that the kits are pretty much the same. Obviously if one said 1941 the other 1944 there would be significant differences in set up and armament to warrent a different sprue or 2. Unless there is something pretty big I would not think they did anything other than artwork changes

I myself have used Alliance parts and found them to be excellent. Have a ton of those triple 20's to put on my Yamato ( new one) whenI get around to it in a few years.
 _GOTOTOP