_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Warship Campaign
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2004 - 06:18 AM UTC
I just found out, courtesy of Treadhead, that the Unsung Sisters Campaign is now active on the Campaigns page. Here is a little background on what's going on.

I originally wanted to start a campaign called Unsung Sisters. I submitted this to the campaign review board but nothing was happening. Tread and I were very interested in getting a campaign going so we, mostly Tread, came up with the Atlantic campaign, really more of a group build. So now we've got TWO campaigns going, the Unsung Sisters Campaign and the Atlantic one. So what do we do.

Here are my thoughts. Now that we've an campaign on the board I don't want to give up on it. On the other hand I don't want to give up on Tread's Atlantic campaign, especially since it might be moved up a few weeks to start on Mar 1 and I'm chomping at the bit. Would there be enough interest in TWO campaigns, Tread's and mine? If not I don't have any objection to having double entries, enter the same project in both.

What do you all think?

SonOfAVet
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 547 posts
Model Shipwrights: 132 posts
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2004 - 07:28 AM UTC
I thought Tread's was just a group build? Is it officially a campaign now? I like both ideas, so I wouldnt mind seperating them so we can enjoy 2 campaigns at different times. I'm up for both ideas....I just think two warship campaigns at the same time would be too much...

Just my two cents...I'm sure I can be swayed any way.,,

Sean
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2004 - 08:55 AM UTC
Rodger, either way is fine with me. I have a 1/700 Hasegawa USS Alabama I can build for the Sister ship build, and I'm already gong to build the Lutzlow for the Atlantic build. So I can cover both bases if need be. Bring it on !

Garry
Scunge
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 254 posts
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2004 - 05:28 PM UTC
I am probalby gonna have to do one or the other, cuase generally I can't move on to a new model once I finish the last, so i will wait and do which ever one is the campaign or what everyone else is doing.
warlock0322
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 01:44 AM UTC
Rodger:
Seeing that some people that are building a ship for the first time. I don't know if starting the Campign and group build at the same time would be to much as stated by SonOfAVet.
The double entry is a great idea and if noone objects. Hey I am for it.. Either way I am in...
This would alleviate changing the start date and getting two kits to finish..

Already ordered the two ships I will be building and will be here on Thurs afternoon.
So the dates whatever you guys decide is fine by me.

Now go enlist on the campaign page. I wanted to be the first one there but Gary beat me to it!!!!!!!

Paul
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 04:08 AM UTC
I vote for the one which has campaign status. If it's Atlantic I've got the 350 scale KG V if it's unsung sisters, the name magically chages to the Howe.
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 719 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 11:16 AM UTC
Just enlisted on the campaign page... hehehe

I'm in the sister campaign with a Tamiya 1/350th Tirpitz :-)

Sweet - tooo much fun....... hehehe

Later-
Jeff
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 03:31 PM UTC
Howdy folks, The unsung Sisters Campaign is a big Go ! So far there have been nine members that have signed up. And you know what? We need more! The more the marrier, this is going to be a fun build. So nows your chance to dig out that dusty ship kit thats been barried in your stash and make a beautiful model out of it! The Campaign is wide open as far as scale goes, and your choice of ships is large. Any ship in a class that is not the class leader or prominate ship, and also any era is ok. So belly up to the bar guys and gals and join in on the fun!

Cheers,

Garry
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Model Shipwrights: 453 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 02:59 AM UTC
Howdy All,

Just for those who may have missed it, and because for all his talent he is as equally humble and helpful, our very good member modelguy2 has put his 'John Hancock' on the list of participants for our fearless leader HalfYank's 'Unsung Sister's' Campaign!!!
Now, I don't believe he's made a ship choice yet, so we'll just have to wait and see about that. But all I can say is that this has got to be a real feather in HalfYank's cap!! :-) :-) :-)

Good on ya!

Tread.
 _GOTOTOP