_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
News
Meng: “Cartoonized” USS Lexington CV-2
TimReynaga
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,500 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,830 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 10:05 PM UTC

Meng models of China has announced the upcoming release of a “cartoonized” USS Lexington CV-2.rnrn

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Model Shipwrights: 833 posts
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2017 - 07:50 PM UTC
Good thing they have full hull option. They'll make dandy bathtub boats!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 04:26 AM UTC
Seriously? Who would this appeal to? a 5 year old maybe. What a waste of plastic.
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,792 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 05:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Seriously? Who would this appeal to? a 5 year old maybe. What a waste of plastic.

A waste of plastic? 5 year old? Of course it's geared to 5 year olds. Where do new modelers come from? Do they just pop out of the ground able to build multimedia kits containing hundreds of parts? No, they usually start young, with simple kits of subjects that may seem childish to us. Who do you think snap together kits are are geared for? People who may want to start modeling and are intimidated by it so something simple and fun can lead them to explore and advance in the hobby. So don't be an elitist.
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 03:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

A waste of plastic? 5 year old? Of course it's geared to 5 year olds. Where do new modelers come from? Do they just pop out of the ground able to build multimedia kits containing hundreds of parts? No, they usually start young, with simple kits of subjects that may seem childish to us. Who do you think snap together kits are are geared for? People who may want to start modeling and are intimidated by it so something simple and fun can lead them to explore and advance in the hobby. So don't be an elitist.

Quote 100%....and we have also to remember the majority of the world population think "Seriously? Who would this appeal to? a 5 year old maybe. What a waste of plastic" about our hobby!...
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Model Shipwrights: 258 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 05:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Sure,it's good to get 5 year Olds involved,that's hown young folks can get started.
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,792 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 07:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quote 100%....and we have also to remember the majority of the world population think "Seriously? Who would this appeal to? a 5 year old maybe. What a waste of plastic" about our hobby!...

sinistervampire319
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 189 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 02:16 AM UTC
Well that's an ignorant comment. Egg plane much? These are called deformed kits in Japan. Big with the Anime and Mecha. Nice to see it carried over to ships.
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 04:36 PM UTC
Buy a meng Chinese eggtank 3 days a go in Melbourne for my 6 year old son...I just hope the bloody ciclone Debbie leave me a home were I can build the kit!....we see tomorrow what happens ....is so f@$#% close
Weebles
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 93 posts
Model Shipwrights: 89 posts
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2017 - 04:53 AM UTC
I consider myself to be a serious modeler and I have to tell you I love the Fujimi cute, deformed, egg ships, or whatever you want to call them. Wood decks and photo etch aren't geared towards 5 year olds. They are geared towards people like me and I'm 60. This segment of our hobby is exploding into all aspects of the hobby. From my perspective, it's just fun.
 _GOTOTOP