_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
1/350 US Alaska released
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 - 09:28 PM UTC
Got notification from Freetime that my preorder Alaska has shipped. All in all quite pleased. Still wondering what happened to the 1/350 Nelson/Rodney offerings, Think Trumpeter is too focused on their 200 line. Dont get it, I got some but dont think many are going to get everyone...space and price are prohibative vs paying $100 or so for 350 scale versions. Hope they get back into the 350 line so much mor potential. Could pop out some of the old US battlewagons in Pearl congfig and later like they are doing in the 700 line...lol when am i not asking for a 350 cagemast
d6mst0
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,925 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,298 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 04:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Got notification from Freetime that my preorder Alaska has shipped. All in all quite pleased. Still wondering what happened to the 1/350 Nelson/Rodney offerings, Think Trumpeter is too focused on their 200 line. Dont get it, I got some but dont think many are going to get everyone...space and price are prohibative vs paying $100 or so for 350 scale versions. Hope they get back into the 350 line so much mor potential. Could pop out some of the old US battlewagons in Pearl congfig and later like they are doing in the 700 line...lol when am i not asking for a 350 cagemast

I just got my notice from FreeTime that the Alaska just shipped. Really looking forward to building that kit. Think it will be long before any upgrades become available?
After I told the wife no more kits after this one you say there may be a 1/350 Nelson/Rodney in the future! I better pick out a few kits to sale so I can justify getting on of those. I really loved the design of that class of ships.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 - 07:18 AM UTC
My Alaska came in today. Was quite pleased with what i saw. Lots of small fiddley parts....lol Also 4 frets of PE was included. So I am sure that someone will make some comprehensive set, but i dont think i will opt in . Kit looks good enough to OOB
d6mst0
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,925 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,298 posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 - 08:26 PM UTC
My kit arrived yesterday but I didn't have the time to look at the sprues. I was wondering how do the gun barrels look for the 12", 5" and 40mm? Most times they seem over sized and I replace them with metal barrels.
 _GOTOTOP